Question about Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
How long before she takes Roots.? 7 or 14 days
45 degree on 12-18 scraped sides and stuck into powder root tone from Schultz little over a inch and place in some Kellogg s soil, Hear this was good soil for starters..
Mist everyday 6.60 ph lights 18/6, temp 70 to 75.

This is my first clone and hope she takes roots...

12-13-09 007.jpg

12-13-09 008.jpg

well since you planted them in soil you will not be able to tell if and when it really starts rooting. This is why many of us put them in root cubes, or I use rapid rooters, then when you actualy see roots, then you can transplant.

But this is how you did it, so it usually takes at least 7 days to root, but I have some that take 14 days. Since you did it this way you will have to wait to watch for new growth. I would say keep the dome on for 2 weeks to be safe, and then give it floro light, until you see new green growth, then you wll know that it is well rooted. Make sure not to let your medium dry out, or you'll never get roots. Good Luck!

Thanks it the only way I had for now, Can't wait til the freaken Xmas is over so Garden supplies can get put out...

flyin'... as long as it isn't "obviously" dead, don't give up on her. The drawback to soil clones is that untill you 'see' new growth, you just can't be positive if they're rooted.
rapid rooters, rockwool, peat pucks, ect....:confused2:.. give 100% perlite a try. I doubt you'll ever go back to another medium for cuttings. ;)

Keep at it flying....looks good so far...how often do you remove the dome each day? or do you..Take care and be safe...and some clones can take up to 30 days to root..so hang in there..

Merry Christmas:48:

Good advice from both of these guys! I have done it this way to fliying...it will work, just don't get discoraged, it can take awhile to see new growth, watch where the leaves meet the main branch to, alot of times you will notice new growth there b4 you notice it on the top. Like 4U said it can take a long time!

I have Nothing but time to watch :watchplant:
I make sure the soil is moist and mist the plant, 2 before bed around 3 hr apart and 3 in the morning before light out, and None when the lights are out.

Why not just put into a glass of water, with a little of root tone mix.? Done that with other house plants cutting and they re-rooted..

HI bud,

I think everyone more than covered the bases. The only thing I'd like to add is if you're around you and notice her drooping you can mist her every few hours the first couple of days to help and after that you can back off as microscopic root hairs start to form on the stem and support the foliage within a couple of days. You could trim some of the leaf and lower branches off of it and it will root bit quicker too ime...

Peace!:cool:

ozzydiodude said:
Flyinghigh get rid of to plastic jug or take the lid off and put a hole in the bottom for air to circulate. I use soil to clone and don't use a cover or mist daily just keep the soil moist http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42786
:yeahthat: i think you might be suffocating it and actually destroying its leaves with too much misting, i always got leaves to become wrinkled and then die cuz of overmisting, remove that little plastic jug and quit the misting and IMO it will perk up and grow

Crap I left the top off over night and I think I KILLED the clone..!!
I found the whole thing leaning over and propped it up with a stick and now it standing up with out the stick, so will it survive.?
Does have the top still on.

That seems like an awfully large clone--is that a topped top? I have a lot better luck taking a small growing tip from the bottom of the plant and only leaving like 2 sets of leaves on it.

It don't look dead!!! Or does it.?
I mist the dome everyday and keep the soil moist and I cut it on 12-18.

:watchplant:for another 2 weeks or so before I call time of death.

1-4-10 019.jpg

1-4-10 020.jpg

The Hemp Goddess said:
That seems like an awfully large clone--is that a topped top? I

Yes that the top. i was told it was better to take clones from the bottom but I need to keep it top do to I DON'T want to tie any branches down and which I will on those side branches..

I need to get some Auto flowers that NOT so Tall when growing.
Strain is N.L. & Purple Power..

Flyinghigh said:
It don't look dead!!! Or does it.?
I mist the dome everyday and keep the soil moist and I cut it on 12-18.

:watchplant:for another 2 weeks or so before I call time of death.

That looks healthy Bro...not dead looking at all...you probably got some roots shooting off by now but no way to tell for sure when cloning in soil...she looks healthy though...I think it was a success....congrats

Hamster Lewis said:
.I think it was a success....congrats

I won't count my chicken eggs any time soon. But it looks good for now.
Thanks

FH it will take the top of a plant longer to root due to the different hormones that are in the top as aposed to those in the lower branches

looks like ya made it to me....I'd keep the dome off of her now...or are you?

Latest posts

Back