Question about height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
hey guys, i got some plants that are growing now, and one of them is about 3 feet tall. I only have about 5 to 6 feet of height to work with, so what would be the best thing to do to this plant. I am just putting it into flowering, so it has alot of growing to do.. Any suggestions?

You can either top it or tie it down at this point. Your pushing it with ht. If Its 3' tall now. I'd prolly top it. It won't get as vertical but bush out a lot more. Tieing if not started young can make so you can easily break a stem IMHO.

i wouldn't bother topping it mate(just my opinion)not unless ya taking like 1 foot off the plant:eek: other wise it could still stretch and out grow ya cab plus you would be loosing bud sites.....id bend it,break its tallest branches necks(allows lower branches to catch up whilst top branches heal.this is called suppercroping.take the branch between ya finger and thumb and give it a good ol squeeze(try not to split the stem)you just want to crush the inner heard;) .after this has healed it will aloow for more nutrient uptake also.

do this and keep lasting(tieing plants branches down) and ya should be ok:cool:

toke it easy

cranky

does tieing it hurt the plant at all? ... just tie the top of the plant to a stake in the ground ???

BSki8950 said:
does tieing it hurt the plant at all? ... just tie the top of the plant to a stake in the ground ???
The only way you can hurt your plant is if you break it when pulling it over. Yes tie a string to the top and pull her over and tie her down.

here ya go.its called LST "low stress training";) it forces the lower branches to take off basically.the more ya tie down the bushier your plant will become.

cranky:cool:

training 1r.JPG

makes alot of sense .. over the summer i had a plant in the woods and i didnt see it for about a week and when i came back the clay pot i had it in tipped over and the middle of the plant looked reallly thick with leaves .. thanks guys

Latest posts

Back