Question about my plant and her lights.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
Ok so right now I have two girls, one is just about ready to harvest and one has got like 3 more weeks or more. Im using a 430w Son Argo pretty much for my whole grow except for the first few weeks I used a couple CFL's to get the seeds started.

I plan on harvesting the one plant that is ready and then revegging it so this time around (now that I kinda know what im doing) I can get a bunch of clones off of her and keep her for a mother plant. :aok:

My question is...Since I only have the one good bulb and the other plant is still on 12/12 using it, would it be ok if during the 12 hours of light I go ahead and put the plant that im revegging in the room with the son argo bulb and then take it out when the other plant goes into its 12 hours of dark and put it into a room so it can get 6 more hours of light using the two CFL's I have or is this not enough light for it to start revegging?

Does any of that make sense? lol :confused2:

Thanks in advance for everyones help. :D

how many watts are the CFL's ?? Im guessing the plant must be pretty large? But anyway

It should work in theory, if enough lumens hit the plant it's hormones will not shift and it will not flower (less it auto flowers?) if more then 12 hrs of light hit it (even if the lighting is weak) it should shift into vegging even with just 1 cfl.

ther will be nothing wrong with the plant by doing that, the only downfall to that is the constant movement of the plant the more chance you will have to breask a stem or drop the pot, i would definitely do it ervery once in a while but to do it on a daily basis, i dont know, Just my opinion.. good Luck :aok:

Have to agree with Firepower and add that if Life gets in the way and trust me it will and you miss pulling or putting in...LOTS OF STRESS on the girls..just my .2

OK first thing i will say is... I have NEFVER revegged a MJ plant... I am thinking about doing it since watching PA's GJs though... But i nave never actually done it.......

That being said....A plant uses MUCH less energy to grow and get big thanto flower.. ESP an annual like MJ...... During MJ's blooming cycle the plant is using ALL of its energy to propigate and seed to live the next year. When you put the plant back into a 18/6 or a 24/0 light cycle, the plant receives a surplus of erengy and then goes into growing again. So now we know wnhy a plant will reveg.

Just make sure the plant is well lit on all of it's surfaces... it will reveg fine..... no need for a HID light.... Couple shop lights and maybe a CFL clamp light ro 2 and you will be fine.... will prolly be fine with much less than all that too.

Latest posts

Back