Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Question about storing weed...

teckS

Reaction score
How can i store my weed once it is harvested dried and cured?, I have heard of putting it in air tight bags in the freezer, but this is not an option for me so how can i store it without it going bad or loosing potency?

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
Properly dried & cured weed can be kept for up to 2 years (own personal experience) without refrigeration probably much longer.

I had mine in a gasketed tobacco humidor though I suppose most any air-tight container (such as tupperware) would work. This accidentally got packed into a box full of quilts and comforters and kept in a storage unit. I didn't find out until the car deceided to sharpen his claws on the comforter I was using and ripped it, causing me to go get another one out of storage.
(I apologized to the cat for yelling at him and went and caught a fish just for him.)

Optimum moisture content is very important for long-time storage. Too moist and it will mold, too dry and a lot of trike's will detach from the buds.

smokie

Reaction score
Yeah, try a humidor, or a tupperware. You can always use a vacuum seal.. no moisture in and no moisture out! If you go with a tupperware, there are silicon beads that you can put in that will optimize the humidty level you want. I use it on my cigars. GL

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
IMHO..nothing surpass's "sealed glass jars".

RedandWhite

Retired dirt farmer.
Reaction score
I too, only use the jars. I still have stash almost 2 years old that just keeps getting better.

Weeddog

Tokin Dog
Reaction score
I agree with Hick and RedandWhite, glass canning jars are the best, IMO...
I like the wide mouth mason or ball type glass jars. I can stick my whole in to reach the bottom. You can buy these by the case for around $10, a very good investment.

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
I prefer other inert material to glass. Such as ceramic.

Glass is too fragile for me, and light degrades weed so it must be kept in the dark.

My all-time favorite container was a gasketed wood humidor. The wood and pot interacted slightly.
Unfortunately it was stolen many moons ago (sigh).

LdyLunatic

i wanna be cool too!
Reaction score
RedandWhite said:
I too, only use the jars. I still have stash almost 2 years old that just keeps getting better.
yes...i couldn't agree more...and i keep mine in the drawer so its dark ;)

Guru...shitty about the theft :(

Latest posts