Question for people that start seed in soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickbait

Reaction score
kind of new to this if you start seeds in soil can I ask what kind do you use to start

I use FF Light Warrior then move them on over the FF ocean forest to veg / flower. Found this to be a simple but effective combo.

Black gold seed starter mix from the hardware/garden store. Any kind of seed starter with nothing amended in it should be fine.

I use happyfrog soil and just make sure to germinate in a small Dixie cup then repot for veg and repot for flower. They need to be watered about 2 times a day make sure the soil stays moist and keep the lights on. I bury the seeds about 1cm down. I've had 30/30 success with this technique before I used to use r germination media's and only get 70%

I used a soil made by Verve...My plants went fine for 30 days then I started to feed....Seems fine for me.
Everyone to there own really....Just don't buy cheap crap,And youl be fine ;)

I use Sunshine Mix #4 in 2" or 3" coco coir pots. Seeds about 1/4" deep. When ready, pot and all, goes into 6" coco coir pots. Then, when ready, pot and all into my 5 gallon plastic pots. NO transplant shock using this method.

Peat Moss Works good for starting seed,,although i have never had a problem starting seeds in my unferted potting soils.

Happy frog has nutes, you need to use what the good folks above suggested, seed starter.

Seedlings no likey Nutes. Rapid Rooters also works great.

I am trying to discourage everyone from buying Monsanto products, which includes Miracle Grow. Monsanto is raping the earth and poisoning people and they do not care.

I picked up a bag of Jiffy "Natural and Organic Seed Starting Mix" at Wal-Mart that I really like. Readily available, organic, no nutes and great for starting seeds, and not made by Monsanto. It is made by Plantation Products, headquartered in the US. Plantation also only sells 100% non-GMO seeds (talking veggies here). It is getting hard to find products not made my Monsanto.

That is very cool THG.. Plantation products seems to be where i should be shopping. Monsanto bought my favorite Whitney Farms, organic line. Damn them.

i just picked up some of that Jiffy cause it was all they had but i like it works good. BtL

Latest posts

Back