Question on hash oil

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
374
Reaction score
126
Hi all i was wondering just how dry your buds have to be to make hash oil and also would it be safe to use buds with mould on them, i dont want to just throw them out y'know!
 
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Guest
Old Toby said:
Hi all i was wondering just how dry your buds have to be to make hash oil and also would it be safe to use buds with mould on them, i dont want to just throw them out y'know!
We wait until it is dry all the way. Yes you can use the moldy buds. Are you doing the ISO method?
 

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
374
Reaction score
126
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
We wait until it is dry all the way. Yes you can use the moldy buds. Are you doing the ISO method?
Yeah i was planning on a few experiments,using the ISO method and the butane method, which do you think i should try first? Oh yeah because isopropyl is kinda expensive would rubbing alcohol do the same job?..
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,839
Reaction score
12,619
Toby...you want the alcohol in the purest form possible. I "think" about 98% is as good as it gets. The other 2% is water.
 

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
374
Reaction score
126
Thanks lads! i'm just getting my stuff together so i will have everything ready to go:)
 

smokinrav

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Other ratios of ISO work well also, it just takes longer for the excess water to evap away.
 

KADE

Aero Lord
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
1,924
Reaction score
124
I've always been sketchy about the iso... since it is poisonous.. yes yes, I know... ur sposed to let it all evaporate... but still...

Alcool... straight from quebec. Alcool (for u not so french speaking ppl) is ''alcohol'' in french... and it is a brand. Can find it at your local liquor store. =)
 

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
374
Reaction score
126
KADE said:
I've always been sketchy about the iso... since it is poisonous.. yes yes, I know... ur sposed to let it all evaporate... but still...

Alcool... straight from quebec. Alcool (for u not so french speaking ppl) is ''alcohol'' in french... and it is a brand. Can find it at your local liquor store. =)
Whats the percentage for that Alcool man, I wont settle for anything less than 96% purity.
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,839
Reaction score
12,619
toby...in the states, you might look for "Everclear" in the liquor department. Grain alcohol, something akin to 200 oroof. I believe around 96% pure, non-piosonous, but a bit on the expensive side just to be allowed to evaporate away.
 

KADE

Aero Lord
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
1,924
Reaction score
124
Yeah, it is about the same as that... between 94 and 97%, I dont remember which exactly. I'd keep a couple shots to drink while I'm waiting of course.. I wouldn't waste it all. It is like drinking ether tho... kinda rough.
 

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
374
Reaction score
126
cheers guys i will look out for that stuff on my next trip to the boozer!
 

smokinrav

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hick said:
toby...in the states, you might look for "Everclear" in the liquor department. Grain alcohol, something akin to 200 oroof. I believe around 96% pure, non-piosonous, but a bit on the expensive side just to be allowed to evaporate away.
$12 for a fifth where I'm at and that much would do 16 ounces or so of coarsly ground trim leaf.

Everclear works well and looks almost the same as ISO, but there will be sugars left behind in your oil making the smoke harsher. Potency is unaffected, but it's a throat killer and major lung expander.

You can smell the ISO in the oil if it hasn't evaped enough. Take a hit of it and you'll know for sure it needs more time, believe me. Never had a problem with the ISO not evaporating fully.
 

skunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
916
Reaction score
57
a friend of mine from kentucky is supposed to be bringing me back some moonshine , ill try some of that and see how good it does. i did the butane method yesterday still waiting for butane to disapate. but however bg iso methods was pretty good to using 91% iso alcohol at walmart .
 

dream grower

Don't forget your towel!
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
206
Reaction score
13
EverClear. Amen City man's cornlicker:D Not near as good tasting as the "Real McCoy" but will dooooo in pinch. You sip on that while your makin yer hash:)
 

dream grower

Don't forget your towel!
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
206
Reaction score
13
skunk said:
a friend of mine from kentucky is supposed to be bringing me back some moonshine , ill try some of that and see how good it does. i did the butane method yesterday still waiting for butane to disapate. but however bg iso methods was pretty good to using 91% iso alcohol at walmart .
I hope you mean how good it tastes:)
 

skunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
916
Reaction score
57
more or less i mean i am impatient on wating on the alcohol to evaperate . it took almost a week for 71%iso to evaperate took 4 days for 91% still waiting on butane to finish hopefully by this evening. anciouse to get moonshine started hopefully close to butane method, even though 1 is hash oil and 1 is honey oil just the darn waiting process, makes you want to do somin stupid like put it in the microwave lol.
 

dream grower

Don't forget your towel!
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
206
Reaction score
13
Oh Goodness, Don't do that.:D wonder if anybody ever tried usin a microwave and lived? What wooould happen????:confused:
 

skunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
916
Reaction score
57
i dont believe alcohol and radiation like eachother too much but i sure would like to see a dummy that has tried it lol. naaaaaaah not me .
 

skunk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
916
Reaction score
57
i would like to say if someone out there has tried it i wonder what kinda exsplanation they gave the law enforcement,firedepartment,n insurance company . before they had investigators do there work. lol
 

dream grower

Don't forget your towel!
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
206
Reaction score
13
Hey skunk, Don't ya just bet somebody has though. LOL"POOF"!! Ya, Or thier ol'ladyLOL
 

Latest posts

Top