Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaotik said:
i dunno m8.. not everyone has a friend as generous as you or potus. i know when i'm dry, i'm pretty happy someone chose to sell me some ;)
people who don't grow need somewhere to buy it.

i'm against the huge warehouse organize crime funded grows, sure. and i hate when people get greedy and jack prices up. but it doesn't bother me if someone is selling some of their homegrow.
besides, the ones setting up big personal warehouses.. well they're foolish, and their greed will surely get them busted.

it is sad that violence and greed follow a herb that really is everything against those. (not good with words, but you know what i mean.)

may i ask what spurred this rant though? something go down recently close to you?

your very intuitive, i respect that. Yeah, actually, something did go down. You see.

I know a guy, not the best of friends, but just was recently held at gunpoint in his apartment by a man trying to sell him an oz of kind bud. The stuff in the bag wasnt weed, and the guy i knew lost his money, and his nerve.

You see, in a bad judgement call, he found the guy that robbed him walking down the street with the two guys that were with him. he gunned the gas and ran him over, out of anger for just being robbed. H e broke both his legs, and after he ran him over, he beat him to a pulp, didnt kill him, but hurt him bad. The guy that got ran over and robbed him is facing prison, while the guy i know is facing battery charges, lost his scholarship and will no longer be able to join the army as an officer. his life is at a standstill, over a pot deal gone wrong. Now he is just as stupid as the guy that robbed him, but do you see what im talking about? over some weed?

im trying deperately to find the article, it happened in ga.

but ive seen posts on here, cleverly referring to selling as if its something this site thinks is ok, i dont think so.

Shoot guys, we all enjoy growing some good weed, and I'm sure we all enjoy smoking it even more (well I dunno, I enjoy growing it and smokein it bout the same), so why let it divide us???

Any dealer that is gonna con or rob people is just that, a con artist or a robber, and not a dealer. People like these give dealers a bad name.
There is no harm in someone making a living by spending their day making sure people have good grass. Thats just a noble pursuit as anything else, it just has a legality issue.

Growing weed is hard work, yet many people here are passionate about it, and isn't it everyones dream to make their passion their day job? Shoot, about every major breeder used to grow to sell in the past, Subcool, the Rev, and DJ Short come to mind, they aren't bad people, rather pillars in the MJ community. Also, they sell us their seeds for some high prices, prices high enough to scream profit, isn't this the same thing?? I don't hear people saying Subcvool is a greedy criminal.

No one thing is for sure, this site doesn't allow people to talk about growing for profit, and JBonez, you're right when you say members of this forum need to shut up about it.

7thG said:
I mean I see where ur TRYING to come from with this argument. But, its filled with contradictions and fiction. I mean u "seek compensation for ur troubles" lol come on man
It's OK to buy, but not sell or grow to sell?

first off, i never said i was seeking compensation, please read first, whilst i am an advocate. And what little money that was given to me was out of compassion, i make plenty of money to sustain my family, i could do without 72 bucks, it wouldnt hurt, but what im saying is that the money was forced on me and i accepted, kinda like you say no, over and over again, but you accept because the other person wont back off, thats just two people being generous.

I wouldnt hold it against someone for seeking medicine, be it legal or not.

fiction? what is this a story?

sorry to hear J.
that's two of our biggest flaws as humans showing their ugly faces again; greed (make a quick buck for doing nothing. me first mentality), and vengence. (eye for an eye only makes the world blind)
hopefully we'll be above them one day.. i'm losing faith in that though every day i read the news :(

*i noticed, there was an "I gunned the gas" there too.. i really hope that's supposed to be a "he gunned the gas"

edited that already, it should not have been there, lol, and it wasnt a Freudian slip, i promise. he he.

btw, thats not what started this, it was a comment on here, and ive seen enough. I dont care if people dont come out and say it, im not here to even deal with peoples personal ambitions, i came here to learn how to grow, and ill provoke anyone who wants to come here and disturb this great community with their personal beliefs on something that is against the rules to discuss on this site.

JBonez said:
btw, thats not what started this, it was a comment on here, and ive seen enough. I dont care if people dont come out and say it, im not here to even deal with peoples personal ambitions, i came here to learn how to grow, and ill provoke anyone who wants to come here and disturb this great community with their personal beliefs on something that is against the rules to discuss on this site.

From a Dirt Sailor (seabee) to a Fleet Side Squid: take your OWN advise and stop posting aggressive threads that provoke people to retaliate.

Settle down and play nice. Learn how to grow your own personal and worry about your own person. I do not associate with gangsters, homies, thugs or hustlers. My associates do not either. We deal with patients, as dispenceries want to rip EVERYONE off and so far the best route for the medical community is to deal internally, not open up a bunch of high security, high PROFIT MARGIN business. I don't wan't to be rich. I don't even wan't a bunch of money...I just want to be happy and survive. For me, this is not exacly extravagent or lavish.

JBonez said:

Thats for sure man, I know the posts you're talking about, guys coming in saying "Just wanted to know what kinda strains I should get, I want something that massively flowers in like 5 weeks so I can sell pounds weekly."

Thats ridiculous, and I see your point, these are the guys that are gonna hang dry for 2 days too and then get rid of the stuff. Anyone who posts like that should get straight up banned. Everyone on this site, whether selling or for presonal, has a great passion for MJ, which the yahoos JBones is talking about seem to lack. EDIT: (I just want to make sure its clear I am not talking about Effing Gee here, I reread my post and realized it could be confusing, I'm talking about more of a newb problem saying it)

I think these people should get banned on the spot, as they will have nothing to offer our community, both now (don't know much to start with), and after they've had their harvest (they'll have their money and be done with us).

The Effen Gee said:
Than take your OWN advise and stop posting aggressive threads that provoke people to retaliate.

...not like this is the first series of posts I have seen from you in this manner.

Settle down and play nice. Learn how to grow your own personal and worry about your own person. I do not associate with gangsters, homies, thugs or hustlers. My associates do not either. We deal with patients, as dispenceries want to rip EVERYONE off and so far the best route for the medical community is to deal internally, not open up a bunch of high security, high PROFIT MARGIN business. I don't wan't to be rich. I don't even wan't a bunch of money...I just want to be happy and survive. For me, this is not exacly extravagent or lavish.

You didnt exactly say that in your post, and if you are cleared to grow legally, then according you your own state laws, you can seek compensation legally. While im sure you are dodging a few loop holes, i would guess your operation is pretty safe? And if you arent harming anyone, why be an advocate of growing for profit? And i dont mean profit as in what you are doing, i mean profit as in being greedy and trying to make a quick buck, that just brings around bad news, and you know that.

Therefore, i would like to take the time to praise you for what you are doing, your on my side, or so it seems.

ha ha, seabee, you guys are crzy, i thought boatswains mates were the psychos, i know quite a few seabees, i dont know how you did it.

I was the assault boat coxswain for one of our vbss teams, lost hearing in my right ear from a stray bullet hitting my tack helmet (the helmet shard pierced my ear), i wouldnt really call myself a wounded veteran tho, he he, again, regardless of this thread, i have an idea of what you went through, so i just personally would like to say thanks brother, i dont know the extent of it, but i went through a good bit, and really changed my perspective on the war, im still dealing with it tho man.

Ha, a SeaBee, I had the pleasure of getting attached to you guys while in Thailand, and I can't really say more than that due to the rules of this forum and general decency. One question though: does all of your PT back in garrison involve alcohol too?

Just remember where violent conflicts get us. You know where I was and who I was with.

Can you say CRAZY?

Way too much fighting and drinking, those guy's are all about old school.
We also can hold out own against Marines in exercises. Tough crowd, used to love conflicts and violence.

Got me NOWHERE.
Made quite a few enemies though.

When you attack growing for profit your anger is misdirected, as profit drives the ENTIRE industry. You think indoor growing on smaller than farming scales would be as easy as it is now if pot was $10 a pound?

Heck NO!

You think we would have a bazillion strains BY NOW if it was that cheap?

It being ILLEGAL drives the price up.
The fact that is is a SCARCE resource drives the price up.
The fact that it takes between 15 to 20 weeks to get a decent indoor crop drives the price up.
The fact that nutrient supply companies and manufacturers get alot of product from china, then jack's the grower drives the price up.
The insanely inefficient lights that are currently the BEST FOR YIELDS drives the price up.
COMPETITION DRIVES THE PRICE UP.

I know of a person who spent $700 on a bottle of scotch.

I can get an OZ of schwag for $50 or an OZ of Top Notch for $360 or MORE from a "Club". Who is the gangster? The Mexican with the border Bud, or the White man who has a weed store he only DEALS IN CASH?

Seem's these day's most on the legalization and medical industry's are seeing dollar sign's.

The opposite is applicable for me and my associates. Plus we are doing what the guidelines want us to. Trade amongst ourselves for fair compensation.

At my current calculations my "job" is earning me less than 15K a year.
That's BELOW the poverty line and I would still file if I had to.

I am trying to play by the rules, but it seems the insidious nature of modern man is perverting a good thing...once again.

blancolighter said:
Ha, a SeaBee, I had the pleasure of getting attached to you guys while in Thailand, and I can't really say more than that due to the rules of this forum and general decency. One question though: does all of your PT back in garrison involve alcohol too?

Sure.

But at 5AM running ion formation in 80% humidity...usually the alcohol is coming OUT of you as opposed to going IN.

Were we really that bad? Thailand can bring out the worst on some folks who are for the first time..."Off the leash".

I think you took offense due to the same problem inherent with trying to exchange emotion via text,

You are very different from the target group of people im aiming my ridicule at. Its evident you're playing by the rules to the best of your ability, why would i disagree with you?

And even tho dispensaries are ripping people off, it is nonetheless a safer means of acquiring medicine than stopping by the local spot, just bring your condom and lube. Its just that people will put themselves in extraordinary situations to make a buck, those unpredictables are what scare me, and its evident.

ps, i would rather have weed shops than the mexican cartel anyday, have you seen the news, beefed up im sure, but it seems like a problem, even here in the southeast, believe it or not.

Dunno about the safety aspect as many have had horror stories to share, and folks walking to their cars with little brown baggies are easy targets.

Frisco may be....."Liberal" but is sure as hell is not safe, and the east bay is even worse.

If everyone knew what kind of profit these clubs were charging almost broke or even folks living in poverty for the medicine they rip off the grower there would be riots in the street's.

Trust me, it's OBSCENE.

...Glad to hear we are in agreement, I was drawing my fields of fire on my little piece of cardboard.

The Effen Gee said:
Dunno about the safety aspect as many have had horror stories to share, and folks walking to their cars with little brown baggies are easy targets.

Frisco may be....."Liberal" but is sure as hell is not safe, and the east bay is even worse.

If everyone knew what kind of profit these clubs were charging almost broke or even folks living in poverty for the medicine they rip off the grower there would be riots in the street's.

Trust me, it's OBSCENE.

...Glad to hear we are in agreement, I was drawing my fields of fire on my little piece of cardboard.

thanks for the insight, nevr been to cali, but you would know best. hope there arent any hard feelings, i really am a good person deep down, and i believe i defend the good, and stand for justice, even opposing laws to breach our constitutional freedom.

just hoping that you understand my frustration a little, and i think we are on the same page.

Dude, you said "but promoting violence by selling (even tho you dont see it) makes you an ignorant effing drug dealer, screw off, and leave this site to those who really need it, chumps"
Yet Gee made it very clear he sells for profit, and you find that fine? Seems like a double standard to me.

Neo drives a geo said:
Dude, you said "but promoting violence by selling (even tho you dont see it) makes you an ignorant effing drug dealer, screw off, and leave this site to those who really need it, chumps"
Yet Gee made it very clear he sells for profit, and you find that fine? Seems like a double standard to me.

sweet god man, have you been paying attention? Quit spending your time copying his avatar and read the friggin thread already.

The man clearly conducts himself in a legal, friendly, business like manner, helping patients, not chumps. I commend him for that, why are you trying to stir the pot, sheesh. Providing a direct connect to patients is something i would think he should be commended for, and i cant see any harm in that.
But growing just to make money, charging ungodly prices which he clearly stated is not the case, will bring about the types of drama associated with dealing.

Could you please go back over the debate and let me know if it got through to you?

Wow...great thread, great debate, heated, yet controlled. Great job boys.

JBonez, I feel your drift man, and I think we established differences in waht "The medical community" is doing and what others are doing.

Sad to say, it's getting worse.

I have lived in my town most of my life. Alot of folks don't like it, but I find it a great local. I know the scene all to well. I have watched over the last few years, an EXPLOSION of growers, some claiming medical, most not. Just str8 doing it for loot.
None of the herb ever comes close to a legit "MMJ Patient". The underground scene is alive and well, as I am sure it is in everyones town.

But what I am seeing is disturbing, and I think this is what JBonez initial post was about. People are jacking each other left and right. Str8 thugs.
They all know that folks are jumpin' in head first, with no clue with what to do with weight, and they just str8 jack u. It's getting worse and worse.
Maybe it is worse here in cali with our looser laws, but it seems that everyone is doing it. Everyone.

I just met a guy at a club who was buyin' clones. Doesn't even smoke herb. Fired up 10 1000w lights. Was a Realator, so his line of work is over.
He was asking questions and telling everyone about his set up. In downtown Oakland. Dumb. That cat is the problem.

Latest posts

Back