quick dry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer245

Reaction score
anyone ever use a food dehydrator to quick dry? wondering if it reduces the potency, have heard its still harsh like oven dryed, but not sure about loss of potency...

Yup i use one but not on all my bud just enough fer a sample, still have to cure though.

any one know if hermi bud taste good. I just harvest and couple of them turned hermi in the last couple weeks since there are those male flowers i figured it might taste a little strange
Please respond

passafire420 said:
any one know if hermi bud taste good. I just harvest and couple of them turned hermi in the last couple weeks since there are those male flowers i figured it might taste a little strange
Please respond

Don't get me wrong I love good tasting bud but when it comes to smoking hermies all that is required is that it gets me geeked...:)

thanks chef & puff, do you think it degrades the potency any? only considering it for quick drying samples, i just figure if the potency is degraded whats the point in sampling it...

Not to the point of oh crappola! but if done slow enough and cured you'll get a good sample. you will notice a better difference with the slow dried but i think fer samples this way can't be beat!

the chef said:
Not to the point of oh crappola! but if done slow enough and cured you'll get a good sample. you will notice a better difference with the slow dried but i think fer samples this way can't be beat!

thanks brother chef! i will go ahead and let the mother in law get me one for xmas:hubba: i had heard of ppl using them but wasnt sure on the degradation of potency as i know very much time in the oven will reduce it alot

sundancer245 said:
thanks brother chef! i will go ahead and let the mother in law get me one for xmas:hubba: i had heard of ppl using them but wasnt sure on the degradation of potency as i know very much time in the oven will reduce it alot

If I didn't have one, I wouldn't get one for those few times that you may want to quick dry pot. The oven will only degrade THC if you get it too hot. It has nothing to do with oven drying itself, but the temps.

try the microwave set to defrost 1/3 lb of meat........best way i've found yet...no funny taste either..

The Hemp Goddess said:
If I didn't have one, I wouldn't get one for those few times that you may want to quick dry pot. The oven will only degrade THC if you get it too hot. It has nothing to do with oven drying itself, but the temps.

so as long as you dont exceed say 150 degrees its ok in the oven? dosnt lose potency? i had read on here some place that anything over 200 and longer than 10mins degraded the potency...thanks THG :D

Has anyone ever tried Infra Red heat lights? Would it do anything to potency?
They sit at a temp. of 60 C and would go deep heat.

Latest posts

Back