quick drying question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeUpJohnny

Reaction score
High ladies and gentlemen!

I think my buds are drying very well (I dried for one day on the stems, then took them off the stems and put them on a screen suspended in air with two fans below circulating)

it's been about 2-3 days now, and the buds feel very dry...

I'm gonna put my buds in mason jars tonight...

so my question is, I should probably still burp them 3 times a day, for an hour each time right?

and if so, when I open them, will the lid have water condensed under it? or how will I know when they are completely dry and I can let the lid stay on and not burp them anymore?

thanks!

Johnny!

PS I'll post some pics tonight as soon as I get some jars!

containers in a cool dry dark place. stems should just be starting to snap instead of just bending. open the container every few hours for a few minutes. 5-10. buds should be totally dry in a few days to a week.

remember buds will loose about 75% of moisture. so...if you have a specific bud that you weigh after harvest, and continue to weigh it during this process, it will weigh about 75% less than the harvest weight.

cant wait to see some pix

and uh remember drying ain't curing ;) just cos the outside of the bud feels dry, doesn't mean it's completely dry, the stems should snap. I throw 'em in a shoebox up in my closet with the lid off, and a fan circulating the air for curing, leave it in there for about 2 or 3 weeks...and i find the longer it sits, the better it gets ;)

Latest posts

Back