Rapidtest Moisture Meters and Ph Testers??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stully

Reaction score

I recently picked up a rapidtest mini PH tester for soil and a rapidtest moisture meter. Does anybody have anything good or bad to say about either product. I'd like to figure out how much faith I can put in them.

I hate to say it but those arent that great, a digital meter will be far more accurate, and as far as moister meters go my arm is my meter, when pots are light then I water, when they are heavy then they are good...

I have a very cheap ph meter that stay spot on calibration, Ive checked it a few times over the past few months and it doesnt need calibration...
I will dig up a link for the meter I have...

Do they make a PH tester that does both soil and water. If not, what type of tester do you recommend for water.

here ya go

hXXp://www.scalediscounters.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=315&osCsid=22bc4694be0b9755a7d486e3b5da9216

this meter will do water only, but to test your soil all you have to do is catch some runoff in a container then test it, that will tell you soils ph

Mindzeye, I meant to ask you the other night, do you cut your MG Moisture Control with anything. I got a nice big bag today. This soil took a big bashing the other night didn't it. But I've kinda learned to trust your word, afterall, you cure my gnat problem.

I use it straight out of the bag, just make sure you flush every 3 weeks with water 3x container size, with PH balanced water, (1gal pot is flushed with 3gal water)... This step is very important or it will turn ugly on you.... Dont feed for 4-6 weeks either... I usually start feeding after the second flush

BTW ph of moisture control is perfect 6.5 to start out with...

Latest posts

Back