Re-veg a hermie???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMT said:
I have run through a few in my time always with the same result which is the plant flowers normally but will throw out a few towards the end the strain in question was herer.

Your statement says it all. It keeps throwing nanners at the end. If you were to toss out the offending hermie and revegged none hermie plants, you would have no issues.

Now, as long as you are on top of your grow, then the occasional nanner is not an issue and yes, the herb will be just fine. Not arguing that point.

The main point is, if it throws nanners, any cutting from that particular plant, even after a re-veg, will do the same. Not a big deal, but not a Natural occurence in indoor grows.

Reactions: GMT
10/3.. :confused2:..
massive difference between a plant that hermi's early and a plant that shoots out 1 or 2 at the end.
I agree with that statement, to a point... a staminate flower showing up in the 'final week' or so, "may" not even be fertile, and is not necessarily a "kill it" scenario... . BUT... it is still a hermie.. "IMHO". AND is not a good candidate for reproduction purposes.

Well i agree with you guys so dont get me wrong here.

Hal makes a good point in what he says about being on top of your grow and hick is 110% correct about not breeding from them.

Given no other option there is nothing wrong with revegging a very late hermi if you are on top of things, partly the reason why i like to do several runs of whatever is in my room is to get a feel for a strain.

Hal i'm of the opinion that natural occurence kinda goes out the window when breeders start to produce 3/4 way crosses.
Never had an afghan or maroc female that turned on me but herer and blue berries have.

So you guys think the hermi trait is more prone in multiple crosses v more simple strains.

So you guys think the hermi trait is more prone in multiple crosses v more simple strains.
... if so, "I" would lay blame on the selection process, or lack there of...
but the more diversity in the X, the more likely/more opportunity for recessive traits are to show up..IMO.

Trimming a few plants last night and low and behold out pops 2 hidden nanners.

So just to clear things up a little.
This is what i was on about when i was referring to plants throwing out last minute male flowers, they were the only 2 on the plant.

Im sure i'm going to get slated for this but i do not consider this plant to be a true hermaphrodite despite it's 2 male flowers.
I was going to breed from the best of them but the nanners has put a halt to that :confused: shame really the samples of it ive smoked are quite potent although i knew when i planted the seeds that feminized stood a very good chance of being unstable, it lends some creedence to Hals opinions on feminized seeds me thinks.

Just for ha ha's and fun lets re-veg these plants and see if the resulting clones and mother display the same trait, or if due to the "stress" of re vegging and cloning the level of hermaphroditisim increases.

So once i chop off the popcorn they will go outside ( 16ish hours of light )
and will take around 2 months to be ready to take cuts from.
I'm not going to waste space in my tiny veg room but i'll throw 1 or 2 clones into the flower room.

So lets take a guess as to what will be the end result and let time prove/disprove or reevaluate our opinions on hermi plants

019.JPG

Latest posts

Back