Ready to harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franco3420

Half assed gardener
Reaction score
My plants are just about ready to Harvest. I believe 10 more days should do it as I am finally amber trichomes. I have read that cutting back the light cycle helps them to be stronger when they're finished. Some have said they turn the lights out completely for the last week or so. I have also read that some flush their plants of nutrients and then stop watering for the last week. Just wondering if anyone did this in the past and if it was successful.

Lights and water till the end. why would you kill your plants before harvest? Old wives tale and I am an old wife.

Good luck with your harvest...enjoy.

I echo what sweetmansticky and Rosebud have told you. Pretty much none of these weird things work. Stressing your plant at the end with no light or water WILL be detrimental to the plant.

Thank you all for the valuable input. I'm glad I inquired on this forum. It didn't sound right, now I know it wasn't.

I have heard of people doing a 24 hour dark period before harvest but a week would surely ruin your crop...also notice I said "I've heard" - I've never done this before and I'm not sure I would ever.

Latest posts

Back