Red/Purple stemmed strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
I've been looking for a while, and haven't been able to find a guide which lists which stems have red/purple stems naturally. I though since none existed, we at MP should make one!

Soo, if you know one of the strains you grow has a naturally occuring red/purple stem, why not post the strain here. I imagine a good list of the strains could help some deficiency questions that might arise in the future.

Sadly, I have no strains to contribute to the list, but I'll be on the lookout!

Thanks in advance everyone.

Haha oh no! I think about every plant ive ever grown in the past ten years (way too many to count) has had some purple stems. Does that mean Im having a deficiency? I thought it was completely normal. I guess that shows how much I know.

it can be a sign of a P defi but its just a easily be strain related. if all the stems are red/purple then i'd say its the strain, but if its just at the top or bottom branches then it most likely a defi of some type. jmo

slowmo77 said:
it can be a sign of a P defi but its just a easily be strain related. if all the stems are red/purple then i'd say its the strain, but if its just at the top or bottom branches then it most likely a defi of some type. jmo

yeah its prob a little of both. I tend to grow one strain for a long time before I try a new one so maybe Ive been mostly growing the strains with the purple stems in the genetics. Most of my strains I grow have Blueberry genetics in it. I LOVE fruity smelling mj.

the ultimate indica that was gifted to me has pure purple dtems and main stalk.the new growth starts out green and within 2-3 days,its purple also.i've had several strains do the purple deal.its all good,strain dependent.screw the deficiencies.if the plant is perky and the stems are purple,its nothing to worry about.in fact i will post a pic of this littl;e plant.give me a minute.now ya see,healthy plant.

andy52 said:
the ultimate indica that was gifted to me has pure purple dtems and main stalk.the new growth starts out green and within 2-3 days,its purple also.i've had several strains do the purple deal.its all good,strain dependent.screw the deficiencies.if the plant is perky and the stems are purple,its nothing to worry about.in fact i will post a pic of this littl;e plant.give me a minute.

I like how you put that. "screw the deficiencies". It never even crossed my mind as a deficiency cause my plants are normally healthy looking and dont seem to be lacking. I allways assumed it was completely normal.

I give my vegging plants a lil boom every now and then. They like a lil extra P every now and then:D.

Latest posts

Back