Reflective Material

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgreenthumb

Da Bagseedologist!
Reaction score
For years now I have been using flat white on the inside of my grow boxes but now I am interested in getting some mylar which is said to be best. Now I have run into this at Menards and it is called Reflectix and said to be 96% reflective but it is insulation material but considerably less expensive than 2 mil mylar. I just wanted some thoughts on this material before I purchase. I have included a photo of this stuff. And here is the web addy for it: reflectixinc.com

Kill the live link and people will go and have a look :)

:peace:

I used the same stuff for two yrs when i first started up and worked great ...I have since redid my shed and use flat white paint as its easyier to clean and cheap...the Milar gets wrinkly and needs to be changed....That material ya posted is good but it also allows light threw in little pin hole like dots..so if ya use for flower room be sure to take some black poly like garbage bags but thicker..and some sprey addhesive and place on outside ...I use this now as my doors to seal around the doors in the flower rooms...its pricey stuff but I do like it...hope this helps..Take care and be safe..:48:

Thanks a bunch. Menards has it on sale with a buy 2 get one free promo.

it kinda looks like the ultraflect that worms way sells for $200 a roll...

No it was on sale for 9.99 a roll for 16" wide by 25' long. I just needed one roll and it works good. Cheaper than mylar and more durable. I just love this stuff.

:48:

Here is a pic of it in action.

Gardening 010.jpg

I used it in my 1st grow box. IMO, if your flat white-painted surface was wood, the painted wood will do a better job of ridding heat. I found that Reflectix reflected not just light but also trapped and reflected heat.

:yeahthat: Nice point Art...It does het up...I too would have stayed with white paint This material will fail afte time..due to high...take care and be safe

Personally, I use flat white paint on everything except the entrance(just for convenience factor). Paint is cheap, easily redone if ever need be, and very easy to clean and disinfect. I do realize that there are some materials that may be more reflective than paint, but as long as you are using adequate lumens to begin with then whatever is reflected should just be an added bonus.

Latest posts

Back