Resin Production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
I've been reading MJ Botany by Robert Clarke. It says that more resins are produced in a hot climate and that MJ can withstand heat fairly simply by watering it more. I think i'm going to raise the temps in my flower room and test this theory. According to the book, it seems to me, that cold temps are more detrimental than hot temps as it lists a limit for frosts MJ can withstand(32 F, 0 C) but nothing about how high temps can be before death. Arid, windy and hot is what i'm aiming for. What do you all think? Outright disgust is allowed:D.

ive read the same from a magazine; heres a nug from it

One final flush should occur a day or two before harvesting, with the final 24 hours spent in relative dryness. The last deluge should be done with fresh water and can be single or two step fllush (previous fertilizer depending)
This will be the final watering. In doing this, you help ensure that the plants will begin to slowly dehydrate as you approach harvest.
When the relative humidity in the garden is low, your resin production will increase. This is a natural response canabis has to dry air, an attempt to protect itself from hot dry conditions. Mj resin actually has one of the highest UV-resistant ratings in the plant kingdom. The resin reflects light preventing sunburn. This is also why helicopters can spot weed from the sky: it glows when seen through UV-sensitive equipment.

I know the threads a little old but..
Did you try lowering your humidity for the grow?
What were your results if any?

I want to try this but dont know if this magazine is full of lies..

Just a question about applying the tempature increase, how are you doing to do that? I assume reducing the ventilation speed would also reduce the CO2 levels, which I think is required when the temperatures are higher?

I'm happy this came up again, I was readin something lately about this any I just wanted to know, would the higher temps possibly increase chance for hermie?

I had temps regularly in the high 90s in the box this summer. It's my first grow so I don't have a base for comparison. No hermies, though, nice buds, drying them now. You should also know humidity was always in excess of 65%. Someone told me the plants handle higher temps better when the humidity is high. I also had good air circulation in the box.

if i did try this i was thinking of raising my lights and removing there cooling fan. Id get temps of 90 humidity 35-45. Herming never bothered me as this should be done in the final few days of flower. (any resulting herm would have no effect on the crop)
I NEED MORE INPUT PEOPLES!

my first indoor not long ago, my temps hovered around 90(give/take a few), the whole grow in flowering , with 28-35 humidity. my buds' were few, and very airy/fluff. no herms, knock on wood...

banjobuzz said:
my first indoor not long ago, my temps hovered around 90(give/take a few), the whole grow in flowering , with 28-35 humidity. my buds' were few, and very airy/fluff. no herms, knock on wood...
what did the tri-chrome look like? was there lots/little.
I only want to produce dry conditions for maybe the last 2 days of flower

Did you grow with cfl's? That would explain the airiness.

I normally try to stay safe since I don't have c02. My temps are consistently 80. humidity 25-50%

DomsChron said:
I'm happy this came up again, I was readin something lately about this any I just wanted to know, would the higher temps possibly increase chance for hermie?

I think so too IME we has like 15 females in the grow room

with these heats.. 3 of them turned to be hermie even it is already flowered..already has big buds.. but still end up hermie...

good luck... unless maybe feminized could withstand that kind of temp?

so far with right now what I have... I keep the temp 69 to 79 most of time it stay in 70 to 74 until overnight it drops to 69

the trichs were few. i let it go til half amber, and it was a 400hps, not cooled. it was bagseed, so who knows.
got it dialed in now, to stay low 80 , with 30-35 hum.:hubba: ...

My article does say dry conditions not hot
Dry is def worth looking into imo. Hot is not good but i've read countless times arid, dry conditions makes more resin. If only dehumidifiers weren't such ridiculous prices:D. Too high for something nonessential imo.

when i started i had serious temp problems.the temps were in the 90's and i had 6 plants and 3 turned out to be male and 2 hermies,1 girl.i do not know if the temps had anything to do with this or rather bad luck.since i quit using bagseed i have had no hermies yet.never again will i use bagseed,no matter how good a smoke it came from.unless i know exactly where it came from.no hermie seeds for me.i hate hermies.human and plants,lol

bombbudpuffa said:
Dry is def worth looking into imo. Hot is not good but i've read countless times arid, dry conditions makes more resin. If only dehumidifiers weren't such ridiculous prices:D. Too high for something nonessential imo.

i hear ya, little searching 300-400$ wow...im gonna keep looking into this, i think i can get my grow room down to 20%Rh with temps at 85-90
thx again

Latest posts

Back