Restricted by plant count, please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were my house, and it would keep peace with the wife, I'd stick w/ the 6 plant limit.
Those should produce "plenty" for YOU to get you through to the next harvest.
Why take the chance??.. Be THANKFUL....
You're "lucky" in the eyes of many many others, that are not allowed ANY number of plants legally..
you don't wanna' tcvcg's cell mate, now do ya'??..:p

The Law does state either 6 mature, OR 12 immature, if your county has not adjusted the limit.
The Limit imposed by the State in the MINIMUM allowed by each county, meaninga county CANNOT go UNDER that limit, but they MAY allow bigger numbers.
If you have a roomate/Wife/ living together, then you CAN combine your numbers.
IF, you grow at another location, then you MUST file under a collective if you grow for more then yourself and are NOT living together. If you do this, you can legally grow for multiple folks.

State LAW dose state that if your Doctor gives you a reccomendation for more plants, LEO HAS to go by what your Docs rec states. So, if your Doc gives you a Rec for 70 plants, then BY LAW, you can legally grow 70 plants, even in counties with a 6/12 limit, as the Dr's rec overides the counties limit.

There are Docs out there that will Reccomend specific plant numbers.

KNOW the law. LEO has been usuing the law against YOU for along time, it is in your best interest to KNOW that laws regarding your grow.

Yes, the 12 plant theory is based on the thinking you will lose 50% to males, leaving 6 to finish. IMHO

420benny said:
Yes, the 12 plant theory is based on the thinking you will lose 50% to males, leaving 6 to finish. IMHO
Correct. That is why you are allowed 12 to start, and 6 to finish- not both.

So what is a reasonable expectation for 6 plants (1kw) with a nice long 4 week veg? Is 3 ounces a plant out of the question? Everyone I know does small plants, and usually average only around 1oz per plant. Me and my other half sometimes medicate with up to an eighth a day, especially when sharing with friends.

Im sure I missed any chance of outdoor right? i live in California, what about veging inside, then putting them outside? Too late, too much hassle? thanks.

NorCalHal said:
The Law does state either 6 mature, OR 12 immature, if your county has not adjusted the limit.
The Limit imposed by the State in the MINIMUM allowed by each county, meaninga county CANNOT go UNDER that limit, but they MAY allow bigger numbers.
If you have a roomate/Wife/ living together, then you CAN combine your numbers.
IF, you grow at another location, then you MUST file under a collective if you grow for more then yourself and are NOT living together. If you do this, you can legally grow for multiple folks.

State LAW dose state that if your Doctor gives you a reccomendation for more plants, LEO HAS to go by what your Docs rec states. So, if your Doc gives you a Rec for 70 plants, then BY LAW, you can legally grow 70 plants, even in counties with a 6/12 limit, as the Dr's rec overides the counties limit.

There are Docs out there that will Reccomend specific plant numbers.

KNOW the law. LEO has been usuing the law against YOU for along time, it is in your best interest to KNOW that laws regarding your grow.

Hmmm I have to go see the good Dr next month for renewal, Im going to ask him about how many plants I should grow!! Good info...

Hick said:
You're "lucky" in the eyes of many many others, that are not allowed ANY number of plants legally..
you don't wanna' tcvcg's cell mate, now do ya'??..:p
Was that a old member here or something?....yikes

MindzEye said:
Hmmm I have to go see the good Dr next month for renewal, Im going to ask him about how many plants I should grow!! Good info...
You can ask him whatever you like, he is not the law, and the law is very clear ( I even left you a link to the actual bill- SB420). Your doc can "recommend" whatever number of plants he wants- the county is only obligated to adhere to the 6 plant rule, it has no obligation to allow you to grow more, no matter what your doctor says.

Sure (if you were arrested), you may have some ground to stand on if your doc reccomeded more, but in the long run (even if you were able to win in court) it will cost you in the neighborhood of about 10K for a state defense and close to 50K if you are brought up on federal charges.

Latest posts

Back