Reuse of Soil??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway

Reaction score
I use FFOF soil and the FF trio of supplements,Ive used this same soil for four grows and am about to start another grow.My question is,should I just proceed as before or does the soil need other supplements?My previous grows seemed to do alright with no other adjustments to the soil.

Its hard to say without knowing what minor deficiencies you experienced in the three grows you reused soil with. Typical adding a bit of calcium and nitrogen can be a good idea, but again, that depends on what the plants signaled last grow.

When I reuse soil it runs through a composting-type process first - for a few months.

Yeah I ammend the old soil to put the goodies back in...

Imo I wouldn't want to reuse soil without some kind of composting process like jman said. Wouldn't have to be very elaborate even a simple pile in the back yard for a compost pile would work. Do you use chemical or organic nutes? Be carefully using chemical nutes and reusing soil can cause dissolved salts to build up over time within the soil and could require longer rest periods before reuse.

and with some gravey and taters be the fixin fur many meal eaten ;)

BWD

try using hygrozyme too, it helps turn built up salts into useable nutes and re conditions the soil by eating up bad bacteria and fungi and making it into useable nutes as well. it takes a few months as jman said and i only have experience with organics not chem ferts.

Latest posts

Back