Rhasta Pasta (Penne alla Vodka)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamucc

is NORML
Reaction score
HAVE to share this one. Made it for some friends who don't like to smoke, but wanted to have some edibles. One of them woke up the next morning and thought the house was filled with smoke she couldn't smell. In reality she was still high and her eyes were foggy. :hubba:

Also, I had a recent conversation with a baker for the local dispensary. I asked her why her goodies ruin my life and mine are just ho-hum eat another one.

She said that after she makes her budder that she skims the bottom of the budder to get that brown "crud" off. Then she "remakes" the budder using no more trim, just boiling it down again in new water. She does this 3 or 4 times. She claims that it makes the budder more potent every time it's reduced down, and much cleaner by removing the bottom crud every time.

All I can say is that it works. Half a cookie now to start. WHAMMY!!

RHASTA PASTA
LIST
6 tablespoons budder
3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 cup thinly sliced prosciutto
1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup vodka (only a kind you would drink; good food = good ingredients)
salt and pepper
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (I like more for SPICE)
1 lb penne pasta
1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese

In a wide pot big enough to hold all the pasta and sauce, melt the budder, over low heat. DO NOT burn it!!

Add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
Stir in the proscuitto and cook for a a minute or two.
Add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, pepper and salt.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes stirring ALOT. (I whisk)
Add the vodka and cook until it no longer smells strongly of vodka (about 3-5 minutes).
Cook the pasta as directed on box but al dente.
Add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
Toss with the cheese and serve immediately.

This dish pairs well with Cabernet Sauvignon, a rich red wine with red fruit mixed with spice, and some nice fresh bread to soak up all that yummy sauce, er medicine...

Left overs are great, and do not stink like anything but Penne, so they're "public microwave friendly". :hubba:

Wow That sounds very yummy...Thanks for shareing ..and sure is nice to see you..been a long time my friend...Happy Cooking

:bolt::bong:

take care and be safe

Sounds good! This dish is seems to be very delicious. I will definitely try this out in this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Awsome recipe! Cant wait till my babies grow to try it out! Thanks!

here i am sharing rhasta pasta recipe...

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, sliced
2 yellow and/or red peppers, cored, seeded and cut in lengthwise julienne slices
1 pound fettuccini
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups cooked drained black beans
2 cups cooked broccoli floweretes (just the top portion of small broccoli)
¼ cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano or ½ teaspoon dried
Parmesan cheese

Method:
Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté garlic, onions and peppers just until limp. Add drained, cooked black beans. Cook fettuccini in rapidly boiling salted water just until cooked. Drain and toss with olive oil.
Combine cooked pasta with pepper mixture, broccoli and seasonings. Sprinkle generously with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This can be served hot or at room temperature as a salad or main dish.

Latest posts

Back