Right color spectrum and a few other questions...FIRST TIME GROWER!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JS58272938

Reaction score
I have 2 plants (still vegging) im growing for my personal use. I have (2) 32w 6500K CFL's about 4inches from the plants. I water them twice a day (2 spoons full of water each watering period, so a total of 4-5 spoons of bottled water every 24hrs PER PLANT) the lights are on 24hrs.
I plan on using (2) 300w 2700K CLF's for flowering on a 16hrs on 8hrs dark, does it sound like im doing everything right? This is my first time growing indoors. Due to the climate to where i live now planting outside is nearly impossible year around.

When should i switch to the 300w 2700K cfls? My girls are about 5 inches shy of 2ft right now.

most importantly,....if you try to flower on a 16/8 schedual, you'll be waiting a looooong time for those buds, in fact you'll never ever get them...2nd, do your pots have holes in the bottom ? instead of watering a few drops, a few times a day you'll want to fill the pots with water and let drain weekly unless they are planted in dixie cups or something small like that...the first link in my signature is a soil grow journal...it's enough to give you a jump start from where you are now...PM me if you have any q's...there are many others on this site that know wayyyy more than me when it comes to soil growing but i have done it with no problems....and lots o' weed.

Two 32W bulbs are not enough to veg 2 plants with. How big is your space? Flowering requires a 12/12 light schedule with absolute darkness during the dark period. I have never heard of 300W cfls (wattage equivalent doesn't mean anything)...

Latest posts

Back