RO Machine help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widowmaker

Reaction score
Alright i need some help with my ro machine. It worked fine, giving me tds readings of 0. But, i accidentaly connect the runnoff valve to the DI filters. It came out 0 tds for about 2 minutes, and then the tds started rising off the charts. Also about and 1/8 of my resin came out, and its all yellow(was black). Is it possible that I exausted all the resin in this 2 minutes? Now I cant even keep my ppm at 40, and that is the lowest it will go. I am convinced this is the problem,I tried to ask the people who make it, and they tell me they need pressure readings too. And im like, COME ON PEOPLE JUST ANSWER THE EASY A S S QUESTION lol . Hopefully one of you know about RO DI machines, I need to change the rez!

I can't quite follow what happened here and really can't understand how it happened. Did you use this RO system for awhile and for some reason change the tubing around? How long was the discharge connected to the DI filter? I don't have experience with DI filters, but I'm not sure how running water through backwards could damage it that much...

A PPM of 40 is not a bad PPM to start with. My water is about 50 PPM from the tap, so I don't even mess with an RO system.

Also, this is apparently not an easy a** question.

I figured it is the DI filters. The resin was exhausted when I connect the runnoff directly to the DI filters(dont ask me why). There was so much pressure and water going through the DI filters that it was exhausted. I ordered some more resin, only 15 bucks ebay, thanks though

My tap water is 350 ppm which is bordering on polluted as far as I am concerned. My RO gets me to 27 or so. ROs are not perfect.

my is tap is 650 ppm so my ro filter was getting in down to a 100 after a couple gallons and the di filters werent filtering anything. So its now working great now with the new resin, im getting 0 ppm water again YA!!

Latest posts

Back