RO system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real78 said:
Did you get it yet? I am looking on-line for one as we speak.

yes, i got it. it's awesome. it was really easy to install on the kitchen sink (i'm a renter and did not want a permanent fixture, also, RO wastes a lot of water and i dont need it all the time)

the TDS on it say that the PPM was zero. I checked it with my hand held PPM reader and it said that it was 7 PPM. either way i'm good with that.

worth ever penny of $216. no more trips to walmart for water for me!

Real78 said:
So as far as I can see everyone has paid 120 and up? No one has the 60-80 dollar one?

no sir. my opinion on the matter is that you get what you pay for.

Real78 said:
I have no choice now but to get a RO system. I was getting water from the store and the ppm was around 20-40ppm now it is around 110-140ppm which is out of hand. My bottle water is 34ppm max and I am going to check out a different store later next week. So by then I hope to have the money to buy a cheap RO system just to get me by.

Dude I grow with tap water that has 230 ppm and I dont have any issues..

my tap water is about 300-400ppm and my plants did not like it at all. they love the RO water though.

MindzEye said:

I will have to give that a test run to see how they do.

I have an Aquasky under the sink type. Works great, recovers fast & a ppm of around 30.

MindzEye said:

I am not say this is bad or good but it is 230 ppms of unknowns and buffers. One of the best advantages of R/O is that is removes the buffers that most municipalities use in their water supply. When these buffers are removed many nutes when added to R/O will place the pH at the proper range without adding pH up or down. I know GH places buffers in their GH 3 part that does exactly that. Really takes most of the pH problems away.

pcduck said:
I have and use R/O filter that I purchased from here

hXXp://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/reverse-osmosis-filters-and-systems

Works great.

Great link! I bookmarked it.

I'm not in the market at the moment, but had no idea that standard RO units did not remove chloramine.:holysheep:

DD

pcduck said:
I am not say this is bad or good but it is 230 ppms of unknowns and buffers. One of the best advantages of R/O is that is removes the buffers that most municipalities use in their water supply. When these buffers are removed many nutes when added to R/O will place the pH at the proper range without adding pH up or down. I know GH places buffers in their GH 3 part that does exactly that. Really takes most of the pH problems away.

I just mixed my nutes and I didnt have to add a drop of PH adjuster... I may be at 230 ppm but my PH is 7.25 out of the tap... I have no issues with my tap water, it doesnt even smell like chlorine, but Im sure there is some in there...

Not sure the rules on posting links, so my apologies in advance.
wwwairwaterice.com/product/1TYPHOON/Typhoon-5-stage-RODI-Reefkeeper-75-GPD.html

This unit is very popular in the Reef keeping world, and I have had one up running the last three years with zero issues.
:hubba:

surreptitious said:
no sir. my opinion on the matter is that you get what you pay for.

If your not using the RO system for drinking water dont waste your money on 5+ stage systems, there is no "taste" for your plants.

The $69.00 portable unit is 100 gal per day and is much easyer to fill large containers.

To pay $213.00 for a system that still uses the sink tap is crazy.

Trust me if your thinking of getting a RO sys. for your plants this is the one to get.
hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-100GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-Water-Filter-PO4-100_W0QQitemZ380210084591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSmall_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item5886497aef

Growdude I think he uses the facet tap for portability, he rents and does not want a permanent unit.They send 3 different parts so you can hook it up the water supply the way you want to. I placed a "T" before the RO enters the DI filter, so that the RO that will be used to water my plants will not go through the DI filter that I use for coffee and cooking and drinking.

pcduck said:
Growdude I think he uses the facet tap for portability, he rents and does not want a permanent unit.They send 3 different parts so you can hook it up the water supply the way you want to. I placed a "T" before the RO enters the DI filter, so that the RO that will be used to water my plants will not go through the DI filter that I use for coffee and cooking and drinking.

yes, i was doing it for portability. i do rent my place and didnt want anything permanent.

the DI is the extra canister with the unit? you bypass the DI for water going to your plants? Does water get purified faster this way?

surreptitious said:
yes, i was doing it for portability. i do rent my place and didnt want anything permanent.

the DI is the extra canister with the unit? you bypass the DI for water going to your plants? Does water get purified faster this way?

Yes the DI is the self contained canister but no it does not purify the water any faster, just saves on the cost of having to replace your DI filter as often.

alexjoan said:
eBay – filterdirect: Residential RO System R05
75-85 gallons/day
$135
98% contaminant removal
5-Stage: Sediment filter, 2 carbon pre-filters, RO membrane, final inline carbon filter
Long reach faucet, pressure gauge, storage tank, shut-off valve, membrane flush feature.

Hey, thanks for the information, alexjoan. Do you have a link you could post for the one I quoted above, from your post? That's a perfect size for me and I sure am tired of going to fill 5 gallon bottles. I only have 6 of them, but it sure would be convieient to fill them at home.

I just bought the Growdude one for 70 bucks. It's gonna be perfect for me, no need to spend more imo. But I have killer well water, I just need the RO filter for that little extra goodness it gives.

pcduck said:

GH3 part also makes a hardwater brand of micro.. which helps the ph.. for those who have hardwater..
LH

Latest posts

Back