Rooty problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDBHOY

Reaction score
Hi all you growers i,m currently running an dwc soil & N.F.T system but the thing is my roots are browning there are still white roots but i just don,t like the brown roots i use vitalink grow e.c 0.8-0.9 ph-5.8 i use hygrozyme cannazym s/thrive & that,s about it really i,ve never had this problem before any one any ideas would be really appreciated also i no this is a hydro site but i have a white widow #1 from the doggies nuts range it says 8wk but it,s in soil so do i give it another wk any help well appreciated PEACE OUT:D

what is the temp of your nutes? If it is over 78 degrees it will cause the roots to turn brown. It should be not over 76 degrees.

i had the same issue with one plant i had awhile back.i changed the res out with fresh ph'd distilled water and ran straight water for 3 days and the plant looks great.it never did really look sick tho.i'm not sure but i think it was salt build-up.

My temps around 65fh in my tank so it,s not that eh! Have you any other ideas it,ll be appreciated if you know of anything else thanks bud peace

Thanks for the reply Andy52 my plants all look good except 1 funny that eh! but my roots are brownish & white don,t get me wrong there bursting out but they were nice & white when i popped them in the N.F.T top tray but over a 5wk period they have went brownish i got told as long as the plants look okay the cannazym will kill the old roots & the Hygrozyme will keep them nice & give them what they need i,ve just never had this problem before i also flushed my tank a few days ago only for a day just to get the excess nutes out anymore ideas Andy or if you,ve heard the same about them being okay on top don,t worry about the roots i,m used to big juicy white ones do you get me if you have anymore info on this please give me a shout Andy cheers & Peace Out THanx again bud

nothing more here.i only had it happen once to a crystal plant i have in flower now.when i changed the res i noticed the yucky brown looking crap on the roots.just put in plain ph'd water for a couple days and the yuck was gone.

hey there BUDBHOY,

I have run into the same issue on a few of my plants, I added air stones and after a few days you could see all kinds of new white roots growing.

I don't know if it is your issue here, but that's what helped me out.

good luck.

I am having the same problem (see my grow journal in sig) and mine seems to be temp. My res was getting very warm (almost hot) but now I am using frozen water bottles to keep it cool. I know the brown isnt desired, but how much damage does it do?

Latest posts

Back