Round 2, 600W Hortilux!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BkPhate

Reaction score
1x 600w 1x 400w

2' wide by 6' long by 6' high.

91 watts per square foot.

reflective paint

2 Bigger fans and 1 4" fan

Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Peat moss

Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom.

No clue what the strains are its all bagseed.

6 weeks of vegitation time

11 Females left

The black pales are 3 gallon and the orange are 5 gallon. If I could pull off having 2 in one that would be awesome but I have heard they will intermingle and stunt, and I dont want rootbound plants. So they are all in the same pots for now until they show sex then I will weed out the males and the slow learners.

HPIM2424.jpg

HPIM2425.jpg

Hello there. I would plant those in seperate containers ASAP. The roots from all the plants will intertwine and it will be impossible later on. Everything else looks fine but you need to have one plant per pot. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Looks good so far, I agree with smokey plant 1 per pot ASAP! Also next time try a better soil, I've heard nothing but bad things about MG soil, just my opinion don't take as gospel, other than that your well on your way good luck and may green gods be with you!LOL

Phatpharmer

Ok I was hoping to sex before I narrowed it down to 1 per pot, thanks for the tips and wishes.

I moved some of the little ones about a foot higher to see if they would burn, if they dont I will put them all there. I also started LST based on the DIY guides found here on the forum. Tell me what you think!

P.S. I decided I will keep all of the plants in the pots they are in, if after weeding out the males I find that there is 2 females the same pot I will seperate them with plastic/glass and double pot them with another 3 or 5 gallon pot.

and everyone favorite... Pictures!

Full closet 1.jpg

full closet 2.jpg

Close up 1.jpg

Close up 2.jpg

Close up 3.jpg

Ita going to be hell transplanting after so long growing together, it may even do so muc harm that they both end up dieing, just my opinion other than that lookin pretty good!

Phatpharmer

I have heard from different people that the roots will not sufficate each other if they have their own space and enough soil. Are those not the facts?

Oh and they have only been in the same pots for the past 5-6 days.

Is there any way I can tell the gender of the plants this early?

Hey BK the problem isnt that they'll sufficate the problem is if you get a male and have to extract it its not going to be easy, If you just cut the plant at the base of the stem and leave the roots you run the chance at the chopped plants roots rotting and causing problems for the plants that are female! I no this becase a good friend ran into the same problem he had 3 plants in a 5gal bucket 2 turned out to be males so he cut them at the base of the plant and week or so later he had all sorts of problems, he ended up scapping the female that was left! If I were you I would trans plant now if its only been 5 or 6 days you should'nt have to much problems! Hope that helps alittle keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Phatpharmer

PS. you won't be able to tell sex until you take cuttings and flower them or until they show preflowers!

Hello,

Since I last posted I have transplanted most of the kids into single 3 gallon grow bags, using fox farms ocean forest for the soil.

I bought another light, totaling my wattage to 1028, with one 600w hps running and a 400w mh conversion bulb running in 6 days I will switch out the mh for hps and flip the switch.

Here are some pictures, please tell me what you think!

HPIM2441.jpg

HPIM2442.jpg

HPIM2443.jpg

HPIM2444.jpg

HPIM2445.jpg

HPIM2446.jpg

HPIM2447.jpg

HPIM2448.jpg

HPIM2449.jpg

HPIM2450.jpg

Just a picture update, 11 females at day 35 of flowering.

All feedback welcome.

224300.jpg

224302.jpg

224314.jpg

224320.jpg

224323.jpg

224329.jpg

224333.jpg

224343.jpg

224351.jpg

So far So good! Isn't this a fun hobby?! Keep the updates coming!

Amaethon

ps-I wish i could get my pics to look like your last ones, mine are always dark and yellowish no matter what setting I use. Too many diff light types at once gives my camera a headache! Someday I'll figure it out-maybe

The trick is to get them while your lamps are warming up! Mine are kinda gaudy because they are taken from a laptop cam.

I am sorry to update you all with the news that 2 of my biggest plants hermed, for now I just cut the sacks off and doused the plants with water in my desperate but futile hopes of saving this crop.

Please I need advice.

id say that if you would still have 9 females after killing those sneeky hermied bastards then i would do that....unless you dont have anything to do but cut balls all day...im sure it can be done but youll have to look them all over pretty much every day for at least the next month and maybe not ruin the rest of the crop or you can just say a prayer and have an execuation and just be done with it. let us know what you decide. hopeall goes well!

I think I am seeing seeding going on in my females already, I guess I will just leave them be. Have about 35+ days until harvest, moving in about 30 days (part of the reason why I dont care that pollen will get all over the place).

Now be honest, are we talking 10,000 seeds or 100,000?

More pictures, harvest is supposed to be less than 3 weeks away.. :eek:

Any ideas on how to get some sleep with this light going?

buds3.JPG

buds1.JPG

buds5.JPG

buds6.JPG

buds2.JPG

closet.JPG

Harvested the right hand side of the closet and yielded about 75 grams from the 3 I chopped so far. I am pleased, the others all have roughly 21 more days to go. The smoke so far has been plesant, and smooth even though it has only been dried for 4 days. The taste has been reminiscent of a pill coating, the smoke is thick and minimally expansive.

The high is extremely clear minded and strong, very positive with though provoking periods. The buds even though partly dried are crisp and full of red shedding hairs, sticky to break up by hand and coated enough to roll finger hash.

Pictures to come when I find the person who stole the digital cameras out of our house.

Peace

cure it in jars and you will be very pleased. it makes it alot better.

Latest posts

Back