Sabby's Grow Journal, Take 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabby

Green Revolution Pioneer
Reaction score
Back in 2006 I had some very pretty babies hanging out in my closet, which had to be cut at month 5 because of a drug bust down the street from where I was livin' at the time...They were knocking door to door asking questions, and it wasn't a secret that I'm a pothead, so I knew we would get searched.

Anyway, this is my second time growing. I started Star (and 6 other lovely ladies) just over a month ago, May 25th, 2008.

Sorry for the bad webcam quality, it's all I have to work with right now.

I have my closet lined with foil as well as a foil hood for over the hanging light. It's a shoplight from Wal-Mart, about 3300 lumens. On the 1st of each month I'm going to add another light until these babies are as big as trees!

I also lined the edges of the 17qt pots with tin foil, to reflect the light early on. Seems to be working, so far!

The other girls aren't as pretty, a little yellowed on the leaves because of the bugs, I think. When I first set up my grow room I didn't have a doorstop or an air conditioner, so all the little critters came in to pay their respects.

Whoops...Forgot to add the attachment to the previous post.

Star_1_Month.png

Star_1_Month2.png

Star_1_Month3.png

they look beautiful good luck and ill stay tuned.??how come so little soil in such a big pot??

imo your gonna want different lights for flowering. but looking good so far

dannyt70 said:
they look beautiful good luck and ill stay tuned.??how come so little soil in such a big pot??

Honestly I didn't get enough when i bought the supplies for all of the plants, and I live about 40 miles from the store. I'll be raising the soil level this month, too.

slowmo77 said:
imo your gonna want different lights for flowering. but looking good so far

What do you suggest for flowering? I'm working on a VERY tight budget right now. Last time I grew I used a shoplight with a flouro, when I switched to flowering I put them on a 12/12 timer.

Coming along alright at the moment Sabby and I hope we get to see some great bud shots in the near future.

Hey sabby long time no see. ;) Are you still singing? Anyway your plants are looking great. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them a boost. :aok:

Thanks! At this rate I might actually be on-time scheduling wise when it comes time to switch t flowering. :)

Star is 3 times the size of the other plants I'm growing right now. She seems to be growing between 1/4" to 1/2" a day - is this common? I've never seen bagseed grow so well so quickly! And she's getting the same amount of attention / treatment as all of the other girls. Not that I'm complaining, I would love to wind up with a 6-footer houseplant :p

TBG, I'm still singing! I passed the first round of American Idol last year, and the first round of Nashville Star this year...Getting ready to audition for the next season of AI this month, actually :)

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong but due to the fact that the plants are so low in the pots, wont this create some sort of restriction to the lower part of the plants once those girls start getting huge? But hey they are looking very nice, what type of seeds are you using?

Hey sabby...those are looking good..I too think you should add more soil..those are going to need the space for roots...when purchasing lights be sure to get the right spectrum for the room..veg/blue//flower/red, Hope this helps and I just pulled up my milk crate to watch this..be sure to update with pics and KEEP M GREEN my friend

T-MaStAA said:
Now someone correct me if I'm wrong but due to the fact that the plants are so low in the pots, wont this create some sort of restriction to the lower part of the plants once those girls start getting huge? But hey they are looking very nice, what type of seeds are you using?

Probably, but after talking to my hubby I think we're going to keep 'em small, since this is just our personal stash - I did however raise the soil some, so those roots have room to spread.

4u2smoke said:
Hey sabby...those are looking good..I too think you should add more soil..those are going to need the space for roots...when purchasing lights be sure to get the right spectrum for the room..veg/blue//flower/red, Hope this helps and I just pulled up my milk crate to watch this..be sure to update with pics and KEEP M GREEN my friend

Thanks! Right now I'm still using the generic wal-mart shop light, the kitchen ones which I believe are 3700 Lumens or so.

Now I have a question maybe someone can answer...

We have a ground fault somewhere in the electrical systems of the house, and for the past two days the shoplight will not stay on for over 10 minutes or so. They're about 3 feet tall now, and I've been thinking about taking them to flowering a little early anyway, so should I worry about any shock switching them to natural light (filtered through a window)? Even though it's midsummer, will switching them down from 24 hour hour light to the sun's natural clock cause them to flower, or will they likely continue to be in the veg stage?

Last week I fed them all, and they are thriving. It sucks that this had to happen, but there isn't much I can do at the moment as far as true inside lighting goes.

When I pruned them earlier, I flash dried the leaves I pulled and Kassius and I smoked them - they taste tangeriney, and aren't very harsh at all like the last grow I did. We got a psycho-sematic buzz off of it, anyway :)

Latest posts

Back