scrog question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first scrog and i was wondering, If I veg the plants till they grow above the screen or should I just flip to 12/12 when they are "flush" or equal height of the screen? IM wokring with a 400 hps ...so I dont have real deep light penetration. IM thinking ideally would be 8-12" long buds coming thru the screen.

Im guessing switch to 12/12 when the tops are still under the screen. Any suggestions/ opinions? Thanks

All of the scrog grows ive seen, growers did let foliage grow through some so that they could guide branches to the squares.
once you have most of the plant spread throughout the mesh then you can flip 12/12
I have never scrogged just seen many videos on how to
There are some good scroggers here though
THG may have good info

The idea behind a scrog is training the plant to grow horizontal below the screen before it is flowered. Just using a screen doesn't make it a scrog--it is more of a regular grow utilizing a screen as a plant support. So, as the plant grows up to the screen and starts to poke through the screen, pull the growing tips horizontally below the screen. Keep doing this until you have the screen at least 3/4 full. This is when I put into flowering and let the buds grow up through the screen.

hi i grow scrog with a 250 hps i veg under the screen till arond 3/4 full then flip, i continue to feed the shoots under the screen untill they are around 2 weeks into bloom or the screen is full, in an ideal world id aim for all my buds to end up at 8inch but that is with a 250hps you could go a little bigger.
dont be afraid to trim the plant up you will find you take alot of leafs of in just the veg stage and also till around 4 weeks into flower
you do not want anything under the screen as this is just wasted energy, if done properly the rewards are big
peace fruity

Wow Hemp Goddess, Very nice. Are you married by the way? LOL

linzwa said:
Wow Hemp Goddess, Very nice. Are you married by the way? LOL

LOL--no. I tried it a couple of times and it didn't take. I am old and sassy and pretty happy that way. I have quite a few friends (doesn't everyone with good smoke? :hubba:) and 2 dogs that keep me quite happy. Thank you for inquiring though.

Copnstantgardener, have you got any pics?

Latest posts

Back