second indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbr7515

Reaction score
my first indoor grow was last summer.1 gallon pot and cfl bulbs.nothing fancy. just some cheap dollar store soil and miracle grow. and plain old tap water.and i did get some nice bud

this year i have upgraded.i will be doing two pots in roots organic. and 2 in a dwc setup. i have a 400 watt light, rock wool.nutes.ph up and down. ph meter and a tds meter and a simple 3x3x72 box i constructed using the corner of a spare bedroom last night.just a basic box. i am a week away from starting this grow, i will use this thread to update.

:icon_smile:

box.jpg

room.jpg

light.jpg

door.jpg

h.jpg

Better paint those walls Flat White are your gonna loose allot of Lumens that need to be directed at the Plant.

thats the plan. was late when i got it up last night.

Looking good bbr. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

thanks hemp goddes. picked up a digital timer today. got the days set to proper time. all is coming together:banana:

When you are vegging, run your lights all the time. You shouldn't need the timer until you get to flowering.

doing a test run right now. MH 400 watt (4,200k) 20 inches from a temperature prob. and that is a good question i have, do you guys and girls measure temp at the plant or someplace else in the environment?

The back of your hand will tell ya if the light is to close to the plant,,,a temp gauge will tell ya the temp of the Grow room. I would never let my temps get over 80 to 85 in the GR. I personally like mine around 70 to 75,,mostly cause I like to grow DWC and Soil. DWC solutions do not like temps over 70,,and nether will the roots. I dont run CO2,,so temps must stay lower.

right now it is 77, slow rise. cant feel any heat on the back of my hand,

Put your hand right over the top of your canopy by the leaves,,bring the light down till you feel the heat on the back your hand,,when it get to warm,,stop and back off a tad. You want your lights as close as ya can without burning the leaves or buds.

Check that light ,is it 4200k or 6500k. 4200k light spectrum is useless for t5 so I imagine it is the same for hid.

Once your seedlings pop thru,,,Use CFL with Daylight Bulbs or small HOT5 system with 6500k bulbs for your seedlings.

I have several 6500k cfl bulbs, and the mh bulb I have is 4200k. At what point would I put the seedlings under the HID? This is my first attempt with HID lights

I wouldnt put seedlings or small plants under the HID at all,,for several reasons.
1st a 4200k bulb is NO GOOD for MJ plants. You need 6500K for Vegg and 2700 to 3000k for Flower. You will need HPS for flower,,MH will not flower Buds properly.

I have the hps 2700k for flower. I will invest right now in a 6500k. And I have talked to a few people who use the 4200.i am just trying to do this right, the information you all give is much appreciated

Sounds like your on the right track...:aok:

Stick with these folks Your Grow Plants will show ya the :heart:

take care and be safe

:48:

i really miss the days of growing in dirt outside lol. way more easy. even tho i know i didnt tap the potential of the plant.

and grow love is what i want

Im just going by what ive heard from most,,that 4200 will work,,but why when you can use 6500k which should produce a better spectrum for a vegging plant.

Latest posts

Back