sensi seeds superskunk any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspliffy

Reaction score
hi everyone,i've just purchased a pack of superskunk by sensi seeds for my next grow and was wondering if anyone has grown this strain by sensi.the seeds were a little bit more expensive than many other seedbanks but i've always been a firm beleiver in you get what you pay for in life.will i be onto a winner with these genetics?

expectations can be everything. it seems a little late to ask since you already bought them. :) I guess it depends on what you are looking for. ;)

i fancied growing a strain that will remind me of my first trips to amsterdam in the mid 90's.potent smell with a surefire hit,yep your right now i've bought em i've just gotta hope they will do the job.sensi seem to have been around a long time,but why are their seeds more expensive than other breeders?

I have had luck with Sensi NL but not SS it turned out ok

I've grown stuff from Sensi in the past...for the most part I have been happy with what they have offered. Their prices are higher because of their name, they have won canabis cups etc...it's like buying a pair of Abercrombie and Fitch jeans instead of a pair of Levi's. A brand...basically Good Luck with your grow. I can't remember if we grew their SS or not...I don't think we did.

thats making sense to me,thanks for ya opinion.

Its one of my favorites.
And Sensi is my favorite company.
Its not like the jeans thing mentioned.
More like medicine. Most companies are like generic medicine makers. Not just buying the name, your paying for research and development too.
What company can trace back their roots and not find a Sensi product in it?
Hardly any. Their NL or Skunk is the foundation of near everything.
Other companies take the strides they make and use them in their products.
And it cost to take those strides forward.

Anybody can toss together 2 random strains and luck out with something super killer every now and then thats really worth bragging about. And its because of companies like Sensi that its all made possible.

hope so buddy.seems to me if you've been around a long time in the seed bussiness you must be doing something right .lets hope the genetics are good

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Its one of my favorites.
And Sensi is my favorite company.
Its not like the jeans thing mentioned.
More like medicine. Most companies are like generic medicine makers. Not just buying the name, your paying for research and development too.
What company can trace back their roots and not find a Sensi product in it?
Hardly any. Their NL or Skunk is the foundation of near everything.
Other companies take the strides they make and use them in their products.
And it cost to take those strides forward.

Anybody can toss together 2 random strains and luck out with something super killer every now and then thats really worth bragging about. And its because of companies like Sensi that its all made possible.

No offense intended but the history is all wrong on this. Skunk #1 was developed in Cali in the late 70's by the Sacred Seed Co. It was then popularized by Super Sativa Seed Club from the early 80's. NL was brought to the Dam by Neville and the Seed Bank, again in the 80's. Sensi used their work. No research and development involved, greed, greed, greed.

Not to mention that IMO when the Europeans got their hands on the Skunk, they totally wrecked it choosing sweeter tasteing pheno's for breeding, and as a result we have all this candy tasteing skunk now, instead of skunk tasteing skunk.

Most of the old school strains were developed here in America, and sent over to Holland where it was easier to do a breeding program, without fear of prosecution, and they can legally sell seeds.

ahh intresting comments,looks like i'm mixing with people who really know their stuff,

Mr S, I'm growing Sensi's strain Black Domina (check out my pic in the bud pics for this month) and I've found it an excellent type. I don't recall ever seeing negative comments about Sensi nor any herms from their strains. I'd certainly try another of their strains.

umbra said:
No offense intended but the history is all wrong on this. Skunk #1 was developed in Cali in the late 70's by the Sacred Seed Co. It was then popularized by Super Sativa Seed Club from the early 80's. NL was brought to the Dam by Neville and the Seed Bank, again in the 80's. Sensi used their work. No research and development involved, greed, greed, greed.
:yeahthat:

In my late '80s SSSC catalog, Sacred Seed Co is given full credit for the development of the "Sweet Skunk #1", some 10 years earlier.

At least they gave credit where credit was due, rather than implying that the work was their own.

DD

mrspliffy said:
ahh intresting comments,looks like i'm mixing with people who really know their stuff,

my recommendation would be DNA's RKS ( road kill skunk)

Really Umbra???? Skunks Butt???

Leafminer them are some sweet plants man, you've made me want to grow them! Did you win the dang photo contest??

Sensi seeds has been around a long time...you'll get good seeds from them.

I used sensi's Super Skunk for an outdoor grow once. Cloned about 30 plants, and was really impressed. They grew for a complete season outdoors so the yield was huge. The smoke was awesome. The plants had a very strong skunk smell, but it lacked the "old skunk" taste. The high was a very heavy high to me. So overall I was very impressed with there product. They were a bit higher in price, but I think I would use them again.

Latest posts

Back