she's turning yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widewidow32

Reaction score
my plant is in its 3/4 week of flowering and she's turning yellow and wilted..i'll give it water and it'll straighten back up..the yellowing started at the bottom and its working its way up..not sure on the ph...and iv'e just been giving it water for the past 3 or 4 weeks...it's been hot and humid...idk if it could be the heat...or its just fall to the plant...any help would be nice..thanx

It is in flower so will need feeding, it is using its reserves up because of no food, can you get any pictures so we can see it?

no pictures...the bud looks find and all...just the leaves turning light green then yellow..i was feeding it miracle grow..the all purpose....do i keep feeding it that or somethin different?

Feed it fertilizer with a high amount of Phosphorus. Here are the three major elements marijuana needs; Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K). Look for N,P,K values marked right on the package. According to a book I have, you want a fertilizer high in P, with lower amounts of N and K when compared to P. For example, the book gives an example of N, P, K = 5, 20, 10, or 10, 19, 12. I believe these numbers represent the percentage of each of these three elements by volume, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, like Hippy said, it sounds like you need to fertilize them. Also, are you watering them often enough? You said that when you water them, they revive?

There's a lot to learn about fertilizers, but perhaps since what you've been doing with Miracle Grow seems to be working, you could use MG, or some other product like it, designed for flowering.

your ph level could be a problem.... and it seems like nute defficency... only from what i have read, not experience. Get some nutes with a high P. percentage and you should be fine.

yellowing leafs low on the plant is normal...like HIE said it is useing its reserves...You wont hear much said thats any good on the Miracle grow...But you need to be giving her something high in "P" low in "N"...and pics would be great...Hope this helps

KEEP M GREEN

thank you all for your help...ohh and i been picking the yellow leafs off..will that hurt it?

widewidow32 said:
thank you all for your help...ohh and i been picking the yellow leafs off..will that hurt it?

I do same thing on my every visit to plants, I remove what easily come off the stems, if the plant itself has a yellow leave, that mean the plant don't want to keep that leaves, "has no use to the plant" also itself depends on the most top and middle sections of leaves for sun rays to absord then produce the sugars inside, so the rest of leaves under the middle sections don't get much of suns/light rays its so mostly common, and its OK...:ignore:

It has been brought to my attention more than once not to remove leaves; let them fall off on their own.

ok i have one more question...i have one plant that i put out late and i'm affriad it's not gonna be done by the time it frosts...i was thinking of bringing it inside...what lights would be best too use?..thanks all

it could need food or it may be root bound or perrish the thought it could be bugs!!!! grrrrr. i just had an invasion of bugs that i was wrighting off as a root bound problem till i went to transplant an found gazillions of lil redish crawlers with webs even but so tiny i didnt notice till i picked up the pot. so take a goooood look get the magnifyer out an everything. cant b too carefull

Sounds alot like my plants when I wasn't PHing my water. Get some PH supplies, a test kit and a PH lowerer (prolly what you'll need for your tap water) are under ten bucks. My plants were so happy when I started PHing the water for them it was the best 10 bucks I've spent!

Hope yours give you some love back too!

your plant is beginning to become nitrogen def. in flower.
it's time for a feeding of some good bloom nutrients. feeding only water in flower isn't going to sustain the plant until the end of it's life. And it's life will become short if you don't feed with something that has some N in it along with P and k

An example of a good flower nutrient would be a 4-8-7 or a 5-10-10 or something similar. Low first # and higher second and third.

good luck

Latest posts

Back