Shopping Cart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey09

Reaction score
This is what I plan to buy from 1000bulbs.com. Item: b s-LU0600MT, Item: LU0600-0600T15 . My plants are vegging right now at one week under 4 Fluoros. This is about all I will need other than a socket and some wiring correct? I plan to put the light in a grow room about 3'x4'. I figure it will give me about 7000 Lumens psf. Will it be okay to veg with this light when it arrives? Any input is appreciated.

Here is the link hXXtp://www.1000bulbs.com/600-Watt-HPS/

THAT looks to "me" like all of the parts to build a ballast. I think it needs a box/container and assembly. Plus your socket, cords and reflector

MJ plants Vegg under Floras really well.;)

I think i have decide to spend the extra $40 amd go with 1000w Hps. has anybody on here built the ballast before, im sure it is fairly straighforward..

In my experience, I have found that it is generally more to buy all the compenents separately and put them together than it is to buy the whole system. Like Hick said, all you have are ballast components--you still need a box to house them, cords, reflector, mogul socket, and bulb. You can get a 600W digital setup from HTG for $199 + shipping. IMO, unless you have a big part of the other components, I believe that it will cost more to build your own.

If you decide on a 1000W for that space, make sure that you can cool it. Keeping your space cool will probably be your greatest challenge, even with a 600W.

I have aluminum sheet that I plan to make the box with, mounted to plastic composite to mount everything. I have the mogule base socket for the bulb to wire up and a power cord. I think all I will need is basic wiring and hardware to mount the components. I have to buy the bulbe either way.. I plan on putting a brushless fan in one end of the ballast to cool it, as far as the room ventilation should not be a problem, I have 4 8" duct ports that I can open/ use as needed. I thi

Latest posts

Back