shortening light cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolt786

Reaction score
I read that if you shorten the light cycle from 12/12 to say 10/14 it would speed up the process of turning the trichs cloudy any opinions?? I check other sites but rely on mp to confirm or deny what I've read..thnks guys

Hello Bolt786!

I've never been able to find anything that proves or disproves the theory of light cycles and their effect on trich aging. Nor have I ever done any testing myself.

One thing I have read concerns THC production and the light cycle. This is quoted from RC Clarke in Marijuana Botany:

Many factors influence the production of THC. In general, the older a plant, the greater its potential to produce THC. This is true, however, only if the plant remains healthy and vigorous, THC production requires the proper quantity and quality of light. It seems that none of the biosynthetic processes operate efficiently when low light conditions prevent proper photosynthesis. Research has shown (Valle et al. 1978) that twice as much THC is produced under a 12-hour photoperiod than under a 10-hour photoperiod

So, I know that doesn't answer your question. I certainly don't think that altering the light cycle would significantly improve the maturation process- otherwise I think we'd all be doing it.

Either decision you make- Good Luck and Happy Growing!:cool:

think about it like this if you go dont sleep u wake up all cranky and moody. (in plant sense the plan will keep its growth and would work on its beauty). if you sleep alot u wake up feeling potent and ready but cuz u slept through the day u dont get much done. ( in plant sense the plant will produce the essential hormones but because it doesnt have much daytime to harness the production).

hope that helped somehow lol :D

think about what you have never heard:

you've never seen anybody that knows thier stuff say that anything other than 12/12 is what is best, right?

That should tell you all you need to know homey!:)

It's like BBfan says: if it worked, we'd all be doin' it, right?

I've thought of it..so has everybody else (probably)...it won't work but hey....we're all thinking on the same wavelength right?:)

Highly doubtful...you can't rush something like that...and this.."Research has shown (Valle et al. 1978) that twice as much THC is produced under a 12-hour photoperiod than under a 10-hour photoperiod." wld be enough to make me not even try it... I like my MJ with lots of THC....:)

Hi,

I've seen a *few* swear by it... I tried it one flowering cycle and didn't notice any difference... I probably had less yield too undoubtedly from less light exposure too... It didn't finish things up any faster than they did in other runs with 12/12... So... some strains may react but I didn't see it with my indica dom strain... Mazar...

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back