Should goto 12/12 just wondering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustabus

Reaction score
I have been in veg for 88 days. I am worryed about veging to long. The plant is showing signs of flowering on 18/6. My ?? to anyone is should i go head and flower. I have reason why i cant flower now . Need help please.

You can flower any time you want. It isnt showing signs of flowering it is showing pre-flowers this means the plant has reached maturity..

Would it hurt the plant if i cont. to veg. Also will it take way of the quality of the final bud

I went at a month on my last grow.

THis is ofourth grow with cfl's I have improved each time. I went about 45 days the and the final yeild was not the much. THe other grow went 60 days and got about 75 grams . So i decided to veg lomger . Will that give me more yeild. My research says yes what do u think?

HI,

Sure you can wait... but it's getting pretty big isn't it? Marijuana plants that are indica dominant typically double in height during flowering and sativa dominant strains can grow closer to 3x in 12/12 so.... A lot of the timing has more to do with the size of your plants and the available flowering space than having anything to do with # of days once it's sexually mature and yours has been for some time...

Peace!:cool:

I am growing Kandahar it is a femized 90% indica 10%sativia . YEs it is geting larger very bush! WIll i get more yeild with the longer veg time

bustabus said:
THis is ofourth grow with cfl's I have improved each time. I went about 45 days the and the final yeild was not the much. THe other grow went 60 days and got about 75 grams . So i decided to veg lomger . Will that give me more yeild. My research says yes what do u think?

Hello again...

You should look into techniques like SCROG (SCreen Of Green) and LST (low stress training). The idea is to get the light closer to more developing buds. If you can hang a screen over your plant with ie chicken wire and then train the veg growth under the screen until the screen is filled up and then switch to 12/12 all the nodes under the screen will develop buds and you'll be able to keep your lights close to all the developing buds. How tall/big is your plant? Look up some threads on LST and check them out too... It's another method of keeping the budding canopy even for better bud development. These techniques are very useful for all growers but especially for growers using fluoros and low wattage HID lighting. These types of lights are not intense enough to get down into the canopy of a typical 'Christmas tree' shaped plant. The buds on the top get all the light and the buds on lower branches and inside the canopy get very little light. If you can use one of these techniques you'll have a lot more quality bud...

bustabus said:
I am growing Kandahar it is a femized 90% indica 10%sativia . YEs it is geting larger very bush! WIll i get more yeild with the longer veg time

Longer veg times will give you bigger plants which will give you bigger yields... to an extent. What you run into with fluoros and low wattage HID lighting grows is what I mentioned above.... not enough light to penetrate through the canopy to lower bud sites. The more you can do to get developing buds closer to the light the more buds you'll have that are the quality of the top of your main cola...

Peace!:cool:

The plant is three foot and about two ft around , well its hard to say. It is alot bigger than my previous grows. I also have gotten a drip irrgation system and have more bulbs. Thanks . P.s. I have white widow femized for the next few grows is anything else that i should look up?

Yup... that's a pretty big plant. Hopefully it won't go UP too much in flowering.... how tall did your last plant get? You might consider bending the mainstem a little at a time and tying it down to get more light close to the bud sites. Once the branch is bent sideways the branches/nodes/bud sites will grow toward the light. If you let it grow naturally to 6+ feet high only the buds at the top of the plant will be fully mature... Here's a pretty good LST guide... I know there's probably one here too...

//www.420magazine.com/forums/frequently-asked-questions/59279-brief-guide-lst.html

Happy Growing!:cool:

Dubbaman said:
:confused2:What our MP M.V.P. handing out links to another forum :shocked:. Just a J/K man had to poke fun while your AVI is up with the MVP pic.

:yeahthat:WonderMod strikes again :D ;)

Sorry Dubba... :rolleyes: but I used the MP search function for 'LST Guide' and got nada... Googled 'LST guide marijuana' and it came up with the above link... I always TRY to keep links in house but sometimes it's hard to dig them up even with 'advanced search.'

Thanks Hick!

Peace!:p

IMO, you are going to have a tough time with a plant that large and fluoros if you do not do something. A longer veg time and larger plant will only yield more if you have the light to do it. As DOS mentioned, the penetrating power of fluoros is poor. There is a Stickie in this section on LST.

Back