should i ride this warrant out?

• Thread starter GrewUp To ScrewUp
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GrewUp To ScrewUp

2 months ago i was speeding on the highway. I had my lights off past ten, no insurance, and speeding, 80 n a 50. I'm dead broke, i aint got insurance, and i hate this department anyways. I met some guy at my friends house who said he had been in jail for sum offense but the warrant on him ran out and his lawyer got him out of jail and a fine. How long will it take in the state of tennesssee for a warrant to run out? i read 2 years ago in the paper about this state having a record high in the country of unenforced tickets by the way. How long do i have to hold out, what areas would show that i have a warrant? like if im getting a title change will the County Clerk clerk know?:(

by the way the court date is april 5 and ive got two chances maybe to postpone. eitherway that just makes the warrant time longer. and its not long enough to get more money.

well as long as the cops or letters come to your house saying you got a warrant i wouldnt worry about it. if one does happen then id just get it over with.

GET A JOB dude and pay off ur tickets .. if you run you will always be looking over ur shoulder. If you don't have the money to pay them then go to jail and pay it @ the going rate...

don't be skeered.. if u do the crime and can't pay, then do the time...

ANd just think, if you are growing anywhere in your house and the cops come busting in your door, and find your grow op then you even got MORE charges on top of it.. when you could of just got a job and payed your fines.. otherwise **** it up man.. and don't drop the SOAP.

Hey dude, you may not like what I have to say, but it's just the mom in me coming out....years ago before i had babies I probably would have said something different.

Driving isn't a right, it's a privledge. With that privledge comes certain responsibilities. Some of those are 1) paying for insurance. 2) Being a responsible driver. 3) And facing the consequences for your actions. You broke all 3 of those and you got caught. Be a man and take care of it the right way. Pay your ticket, and stop driving until you get insurance. Things could have been much worse then the ticket you got. What if you had gotten into a wreck and did some serious damage to someone elses car or to them? Not a very pleasant thought.

Okay, enough lecture from me. Years ago I probably would have taken the cowardly way out. But now I own up to my responsibilities.

SmokinMom (who does still occassionally get caught with a lead foot and gets speeding tickets)

Mr. W use your brain here. The main issue is the statute of limitations..

If one what does happen hydro? They dont even have my current address plus i live in another city.

SmokinMom that was the worst most infuriating answer I've gotten yet. The problem with women and "mommies" is the lack of ambition.

Who are you to tell me its a privlidge? Are you Henry Ford? Did you make the first car.

1. I don't believe in insurance. I think its great in principal but in practice its a scam. I refuse to endorese companies who abadon you when you need them most. Those companies dont even want to cover Katrina victims.

2. I am a responsible driver. Sure I sped but the road ahead was abandoned.

3. Why should I face the consequences when this department never has?

Everyone who says something about insurance talks about what could have been. I dont live on what could have beens but what was. It couldn't of gotten anyworse then a ticket since i done nothing more. He had me jacked up on a car, called for back up and humiliated me as if i was an old skool negro..

anyone else here want to add their two cents?

lol whats up screw up. well if they have no way of letting you know that you have a warrant i wouldnt worry about it till the time comes. just be careful and dont get your name ran by the cops and you should be fine. good luck man

GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
Who are you to tell me its a privlidge? Are you Henry Ford? Did you make the first car.
?

funny. lol but bro she was just tryin to help. funny lil comment tho haha:cool:

I'd just go to jail if I couldn't pay the ticket. My brother was running from warrants for years...it wasn't fun.

I'm just using some common sense here...if you're getting a "title/name?" change, i'm sure they'll run your name just as a requirement to see if you have anything outstanding.I can't see why a department with US resources wouldn't do this.

GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
SmokinMom that was the worst most infuriating answer I've gotten yet. The problem with women and "mommies" is the lack of ambition.

Sorry if my opinion hit a sour note, but you did ask what we thought and I told you. Look at your user name here. Maybe it's time to stop screwing up?

Good luck dude.

:confused: yea, thats why i was thinking of trying to get an exstension on the court date then get the title signed in between there then blow it off. but i need help from you guys. you all know the laws well. can any of you give me info on the statute of limitations on this offense im talking to you about? thats what i need, that info.

You can either get a job and pay up. Do the time if you're not going to get a job. Or you can run and possibly get caught later on and do even more time.

i think i can pull this off. what is the statute?

I had the same thing happen to me (another screw up:rolleyes: ), but this was 3 years ago before I got married, now that I'm married, everything changed in my life as far as bieng the way you are now, hard headed. Hey its ok though, we all have been throuhg it man, don'nt take any offense on my behalf, its not my intentions. Look I'll tell ya what you have to do, go fill out an application some where at a place where they are hiring, then go the go straight to your house and put your goods away and have someone watch your plants for you, and then head to the Police Dept. and turn your self in, what's a night in jail gonna do you? If anything you will be out the next day because when you are in jail your warrant becomes a kick out. Meaning you are too expensive to feed and take care of just for a traffic violation. I've gone to jail just because I had my stereo too loud, of course I did'nt pay it, then resulting in a warrant, but my point is, go get'er done and over with.
oh yeah by the way, no warrant ever clears these days. its not that easy no more. I've had a sherrif come to my house looking for me just for a bench warrant. so be careful, you will never win a cop in court, ok?

ur saying i can just go to jail for a day or two instead of getting insurance?

TALK TO A LAWYER.. most will give free consultations we are not attorneys and dont' know about the law.. most of us aren't running from the pigs and don't ever wish to be..

ur jsut asking for trouble man. talk to a lawyer in your area...sheesh lol

The problem with women and "mommies" is the lack of ambition.

Man, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, shame on you :mad:

You're without work and trying to dodge the cops, Smokin Mom is light years ahead of you as far as ambition is concerned.

GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
Mr. W use your brain here. The main issue is the statute of limitations..

1. I don't believe in insurance. I think its great in principal but in practice its a scam. I refuse to endorese companies who abadon you when you need them most. Those companies dont even want to cover Katrina victims.

[Cut a load of preaching crap out]

Ya, Heres my 2 cents and im gunna push them into your skull through your nose.

Insurance is there to protect you from financial difficulties if you were to crash your car.. say.. speeding with no headlights on, its against the law to not have insurance these days.

Another thing, i think the comments you made against one of our users was quite innappropriate.

wasnt it not long ago you were getting all uppity about a guy not selling you a car? http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10996

Maybe you shouldnt drive.

And as for us 'knowing' the law? you must be really stupid to think that we would know everything about state laws and warrants for speeding.. We may not be Henry Ford, but the sign above the door sure as hell doesnt say "Law and Order forum" or whatever those vultures would call themselves if they had a forum. You make it sound like we would come to represent you in court.

I say you should spend some time in prison.. maybe discover jesus and repent your sins becuase You Sir, Are An Idiot.

Theres my 2 Cents for ya, enjoy.

PS becuase of the stupid comments im giving you bad rep, totally uncalled for to say those things about SmokinMom

GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
Mr. W use your brain here. The main issue is the statute of limitations.. The only one i see not using their brain my friend is you. The main issue here is you getting a ticket and trying to dodge it.

If one what does happen hydro? They dont even have my current address plus i live in another city.

SmokinMom that was the worst most infuriating answer I've gotten yet. The problem with women and "mommies" is the lack of ambition. What does ambition have to do with getting a ticket?????

Who are you to tell me its a privlidge? Are you Henry Ford? Did you make the first car. She isn't telling you anything just stating a fact.

2. I am a responsible driver. Sure I sped but the road ahead was abandoned.

3. Why should I face the consequences when this department never has?

Everyone who says something about insurance talks about what could have been. I dont live on what could have beens but what was. It couldn't of gotten anyworse then a ticket since i done nothing more. He had me jacked up on a car, called for back up and humiliated me as if i was an old skool negro..... Come on man use your head. Last time i checked we do have African American members on this site and i'm sure they wouldn't care much for your last remark. What do you think????

2 cents

SmokinMom said:
Hey dude, you may not like what I have to say, but it's just the mom in me coming out....years ago before i had babies I probably would have said something different.

Driving isn't a right, it's a privledge. With that privledge comes certain responsibilities. Some of those are 1) paying for insurance. 2) Being a responsible driver. 3) And facing the consequences for your actions. You broke all 3 of those and you got caught. Be a man and take care of it the right way. Pay your ticket, and stop driving until you get insurance. Things could have been much worse then the ticket you got. What if you had gotten into a wreck and did some serious damage to someone elses car or to them? Not a very pleasant thought.

Okay, enough lecture from me. Years ago I probably would have taken the cowardly way out. But now I own up to my responsibilities.

SmokinMom (who does still occassionally get caught with a lead foot and gets speeding tickets)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SmokinMom again.

Well....I gave out some rep on this thread...whatever that means, but it certainly wasn't given to the original poster.:rolleyes:

Pretty sure you haven't 'grown up'....just 'screwing up'.

Get a life and stay off the road if you can't play by the rules, before you take someone and their family with you.

Run and hide if you want...either way, your only hurting yourself...makes no difference to me. Better run and hide in jail too buddy, and like Wake said....don't drop the soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back