should there be standards when asking questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is it a good idea?

• Yeah, that would help

• Na, lets just keep it the way its going

Results are only viewable after voting.

trichnut

Reaction score
Iv been reading quite a few posts lately that have missing variables. (im not about to point fingers)
I think it would be a lot easer for us to understand the problem if we knew at least the grow area stats.
What kind of lights, and how many?
What kind of ventilation?(intake-exhaust, size, CFM rating)
How much grow space?
How many plants and what verity?
What stage, Veg or bloom? And how many days in
Are the temps in range?
Most of these things could even be entered in as a sig under your post to let all of us know what we are dealing with and what kind of experience different users have.

we have some people currently talking about that on the website suggestions section..

This "problem" has existed since the first questions were asked. Some people just don't think about what information is needed, or they simply don't know.

Several times, members have asked people to include this type of information in their initial post, but it's never happened to 100%.

We'll just have to ask them for the information that we need to make a good answer for them.

What possible way could you force someone to ask in a certain way?

Nothing will change. People will still have to be asked for the rest of the story on a lot of posts. That's just human nature.

i suggested making it mandatory for people under 25 posts, if you dont have the right format ur question will be deleted. forcing them to inquire why their question isnt answered and ask again with the right format.
you do that for your first 25 posts and it should become normal for most..

the big problem i see here is people not wanting to read and start asking questions. me being 1 of them. im just glad i was indirectly directed to the the guides by another member that got me hooked.. i have only been here a month and have learned a lot just by reading, it can only encourage others to do the same.

My first time ever posting on forums, I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't know there was specific info that was necessarily needed. If people are really interested in using forums, they will quickly learn how to ask questions correctly. You don't want to make it difficult for new members to get access to this site do you? Plus, if they don't have enough info, all it takes is one post to request more.

Firepower said:
i suggested making it mandatory for people under 25 posts, if you dont have the right format ur question will be deleted.
Whew! You're pretty strict man. Hahaha, we're not going to start telling people that they can't post unless they post thier questions in the right format. If how someone asks bothers you, then just don't answer their question. Go around the thread.

It's no big deal.

I don't like it. Alot of people think of the question 1st...then come, sign up and ask it. If everyone had to post in a certain format, members would just go elsewhere, where you don't have to. I like everything how it is. Besides....I like helping the new folk:D!

wouldn't it be easier to put this info into your signature, maybe make it mandatory?

This is a marijuana site not Harvard. And there is a saying"There is no such thing as a stupid question"

noodles said:
This is a marijuana site not Harvard. And there is a saying"There is no such thing as a stupid question"

I'd imagine there is when a million people ask in a month "should I move my light?" or "Why are my leaves wilting and turning yellow?" I myself am guilty of this.

Stoney Bud said:
Whew! You're pretty strict man. Hahaha, we're not going to start telling people that they can't post unless they post thier questions in the right format. If how someone asks bothers you, then just don't answer their question. Go around the thread.

It's no big deal.

Stoney you completely misunderstand my intention..i used that as an idea.. ive been here for 1 month and am very grateful to this site and its users, ive learned a lot from you guys and from new members trying new stuff out, i tried helping other people from the mistakes i made any chance i got.

1 idea=1seed, we are all growers (or trying to be..;)), lets just cultivate it..

Firepower said:
i suggested making it mandatory for people under 25 posts, if you dont have the right format ur question will be deleted. forcing them to inquire why their question isnt answered and ask again with the right format.
you do that for your first 25 posts and it should become normal for most....

Huh? That's a little extreme lol. Training people like seals. I like stoney buds approach, some people don't know anything about growing, if people deleted my initial posts because of lack of info... i'd have a lack of info now myself. Since deleting a post of someone asking risks alienating the person from the site. Besides, who can know what they don't know, and that they need to include whatever they don't know about into the question that they don't even grasp yet. Like me, I would have never thought to include soil info in intial growing journal or ph, I just wanted help, and I got it. Nicely and all. Now I have some dank *** nuggitz ready to harvest in three weeks. :bong1:

And common... everyone that uses this site smokes weed.... so we're all kinda stoned at some point.

Start the movement if that is how you feel... monkey see, monkey do.

All of the info that was requested in your first post is not needed to help people. It would help cops get specific details on people.

this is a great, easy, clean (not to many flames) informitive furum. What brought me in initally was how warmley and welcome all made me feel when a newbe. leave a good thing be....

Firepower said:
you do that for your first 25 posts and it should become normal for most..

the big problem i see here is people not wanting to read and start asking questions. me being 1 of them. im just glad i was indirectly directed to the the guides by another member that got me hooked.. i have only been here a month and have learned a lot just by reading, it can only encourage others to do the same.

this is a forum to help the starters and the pro's. chill out a read awhile. don't like what you're reading skip it!!

Latest posts

Back