sick babies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugs

Reaction score
Hi Peeps~~

Wow, it sure has been a LONG time. Glad to see many familiar faces still here.

We have a few sick baby girls. They are:

vanilla kush
OG kush
OG #18

One of each. They are one month into planting from seed. They are in happy frog, under 400 HPS with temp. of 76 degrees. No nutes have been added yet. They are getting rust/yellow colored spots on some of their leaves. I've read quite a bit about sick plants on here, but am still a bit uncertain.

Maybe some experts eyes could give an opinion?

Stay safe,
bugs

2-1-13 005.jpg

that looks like something got spilled on the leaf. The rest of the leaves look fine right?

There are three different plants all with at least one leaf per plant having these spots.

Could it be caused by misting with water?

Hey, Rosebud...good to see ya!

bugs

Good to see you too Bugs. Yes, it could be from the leaves being wet and the lights burned them. Is it all on the older leaves?

I would say it is very possible that is from water ponding up on the leaves in spots while the lights are on, especially if you are using any kind of additive in the water. But just water droplets under an HID light can burn the leaves like that.

If the problem spreads and becomes a little more uniform, then I would ask if you have ammended the soil with lime as it could be the beginnings of a calcium deficiency. (But I'm more inclined to think water droplets on leaves) :)

HG~~

Good to see you 2!

Any more suggestions other than what has been given?

Take care,
bugs

I had a problem that looked very close to what I see in your pictures. It wasn't bugs or moisture on the leaves. Turned out to be a fungas. I never did completely eradicate it, but I did manage to control it.
What I did: Remove any leaves showing brown or necro looking spots and dispose of away from the garden ( NOT IN THE COMPOST PILE)
Sprayed with Seranade at least once a week to prevent the spread. From what I could research this is a form of brown blight that becomes systemic to the plant, and once contracted can't be completely eradicated. The good news is that it is a relatively benign fungas that, if kept in control, will not to any real extent affect your harvest. If not treated It can spread and your harvest will be affected.
Its the same brown fungas that you see on rose bushes and other foliage, and treated the same way. There are other products besides Seranade that work as well.
I'm not saying with 100% certainty that that is what you have, just keep an eye on it and watch for it spreading to the rest of the plant and to your other plants.
Just something to keep in mind and maybe do a little research on for yourself.

What up buggs...I would not lose sleep over it unless it spreads to other leaves, especially higher up leaves near new growth. Lower leaves get best up, especially if you mist your plants and don't trim the lower growth. jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
What up buggs...I would not lose sleep over it unless it spreads to other leaves, especially higher up leaves near new growth. Lower leaves get best up, especially if you mist your plants and don't trim the lower growth. jmo

:yeahthat:

:ciao: Bugs

Hey Hamster...hey 4U good to "see" you again too!

Thanks others for replies.

It seems as though it must have been water droplets. We have stopped misting them and the problem has gone away.

Appreciate all the heads-up on the subject.

bugs

Latest posts

Back