Sick of Hollywood/ Celeb's Makeing $$$ off Our Lifestyle,And Giveing Nothing Back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainViper

Cooler Than Your Dad
Reaction score
Howdy Folks, Had To Get This Off My Chest,... Now, I Love Stoner Movies, Right Along With Everyone Else, Cheech And Chong were The Kings, And Can Still Keep Me Laughing. But Honestly, Has Ether of Them Given Back Any Profits...FOR THE CAUSE? Sure Tommy Made "Chong-Bongs", You Ever See How Much He Was Chargeing For One? Yea, He's A Comic, But The Prices Were NOT Funny, $200.00 To $1,200.00, Not Even If He Blew Them Himself! {He Did Not}. Weeds? Yea, I've Seen It. A "Pot" Soap-Opera. OOOOOOH. Think Showtime's Gonna Give Some Profit to NORML? Or MMP, Or Anyone Else Trying to Legalize Marijuana? Think Again. Personaly, Im Starting To E-Mail These People, Trying to Get Them to Give-Back More than Oral-Support. If More of Us Start Shakeing the Trees, Telling These Folks," We've Been Fans", Supporting Them for Years, Now, It's Been Over 10 Years Since Tommy Had a Good Movie. Maybe Cheech Was The Brains After-All...Start Writeing our "Hero's", Not Fan Letters, But Letting Them Know it's Time To $tand-Up, And $tart Giveing More Than "Lip-Service". In Fact, Right- After this Post, Im E-mailing Tommy Chong, And Doing Just That. CaptainViper

I really doubt they give back. When your rich why would you? All they care about is that nice paycheck. ;)

But they are putting it out there for all to see. And in doing so hopefully folks will form their own decisions on how they feel about mj. Maybe shows like Weeds will help desensitize folks from their ridiculous beliefs like thinking mj is as dangerous as herion or cocaine.

We can only hope!

This is through the grape vine, but I will toss it out there...

The producer of weeds has stated that he doesn't want to become rich off the series. He wants to bring awareness and entertainment for the people. This is the reason why we can all watch the episodes on the web before they even appear on paid television...

One a side note, I never pay for hollywood or any form of entertainment... to support a corporation. For example, I rarely buy an album from the stores because most of the profits go to some POS that doesn't have any musical tallent. However, I do pay to see live music... This is where the artists make their money.

Where am I going with this? Don't pay someone and expect them to do something with the money you give them... Put your money where you want it in the first place...

Latest posts

Back