Sick or just normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
These are my clones.... several look bad.

They were rooted in Rapid Rooter Plugs. The minute I see the roots protruding from the plug they went in dirt. Been about 12 days since they were cut, and about 4 since they rooted.

Do these look sick to you? I have heard some yellowing is normal during the rooting process and I dont want to feed them if its not that time yet...

They have only been fed a root stimulator 4-10-3 a few days ago. They looked like this when i fed them...

Any ideas?

forget nutes treat clones like brand new sprouts. might be a good idea to put a humidity dome over em for a while longer. and ditch the "root stimulator" they are only good when the plant is established IMO. straight water (foliar sprayed) works best until new growth has begun. don't keep the medium over saturated...can cuase some to "damp off". and i hope you didn't use prefert soil.

o9kay so no nutes....got it...

Mutt Im a little confused. Once clones root you want the roots to seek out water, correct?. I was told to remove the dome and quit foliar spraying once roots are visible to encourage the root development......

nope the soil is FFOF.....and just so you know.... there is alot of new growth on these clones... they wer half the size on top when cut... They just look sickly to me.

Does it look like they are dying?

dont over water they look like they are, they should start to take off soon.

like mutt saying spray them with water...and overwater might be the problem for them....feel the soil with ur finger not water all the time u can try add vitamin or milk i have been growing plants and adding milk from little plant till cutting and it was really good just dont put too much mix it with water

what happened to the tips? the look burnt and curled. were they outdoor plants when you cut them? if not how often do you put them in the sun and did you harden them off first?

these were indoor plants... I have been putting them in the sun during the day because on the first day they rooted and potted they were reaching for the sky in the sun, and when I put them under the 600 they wilted a little.....

They are in pots that are about 6 inches tall.

I havent watered them much, they got watered right before the pics thats why the soil looks wet.

I just couldnt tell if this was overdoing or underdoing something or if clones typicly got sick at first then took off... These are my first sucessful clones as well.

The tips did that on two of them when i misted them before they rooted,,,,,got some bad advice and misted them with a root stimulator 4-10-3 during the rooting process...i stopped that...

the tips are only curled on 2 of the clones. On the others they are drooping and discolored.

they look good for clones.just give a little water and nothing else.they will take off.good luck
i do add a little clonex rooting solution to the water.

overwatering is possible,,,, heres why i thaink that

When they were cloned they were in rapid rooter plugs. The plugs hold water pretty good and when they rooted I threw them plug and all into the pot.

Maybe when i felt the top like i always do and oit felt dry but where the roots are its still pretty wet due to the plug material....

Ill wait a little longer between waterings. You think they will bounce back if overwatering is the problem if i dont water them? or do i need to do something else??

don't keep em so wet . Make sure you let the pots dry out thoroughly before you water again. it looks like the soil is being kept too damp.

Don't feed em either, atleast for the first week or two after transplant unless they show they need it. Which by the pics they don't.

anyways.. just be patient and let the soil dry out thoroughly before you water again. They will perk up.

yes if is the overwatter is the problem...the will continue grow...i would add little milk

thc-666 said:
yes if is the overwatter is the problem...the will continue grow...i would add little milk

You keep sugesting milk, do you have anything to show/prove the benifts of milk?

ahh...i have pic's from past 2 years plants ill show u the plants :))

Latest posts

Back