Sick Peas :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godspeedsuckah

Godspeed out!
Reaction score
What would cause the tips of the leaves to turn yellow then brown and die? I am thinking because I planted them too close together and possibly a fungus attack. I have not seen any thrips or cuc beetles on them. Any ideas? I had to pull them and start over again.

Nope, don't use any nutes at all. With peas they naturally take nitrogen from the air and release it back into the soil. I think it could be a fungus from planting them to close together, but I am not sure.

Test that soil, the soil could have too many nutes IMO. Also check the pH if you can. I have so many right next to each other.

I will do that. They were doing great too, already about a foot tall and climbing the fences real well.

And I'm an idiot for some reason I was thinking string beans...I have no peas LOL, now I have to get some peas:D

Sorry

snuggles said:
And I'm an idiot for some reason I was thinking string beans...I have no peas LOL, now I have to get some peas:D

Sorry

Im the idiot I didnt even see is was peas just ASSumed it was MJ.

I added hydrated lime, and composted manure. I am only going to plant 2 rows of peas and the rest beans now. I think I will plant them alot less congested so they don't suck the soil dry.

Latest posts

Back