Sick plants please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazefarmer

Reaction score
74AD5995-45CA-41C9-BFF9-B89084719D49.jpeg
DA9D16D2-6DCB-4544-AE9E-D02DC0BDFB8B.jpeg
0DDA0EBB-7D48-4733-A824-D982D8AD03C2.jpeg
8623854E-D735-4131-8C6C-86E2ABD7C529.png
3 flushes at 6.0-6.3ph <80 ppm
1000w hps lights
Organic soil
Run off is 6.6-6.8ph 500-700ppm
We have ran lady bugs, preying mantis, and predator mites, and constantly looking for pests under a scope so I wouldn’t thing russets.
5gallon bags
Also growth hasn’t slowed. How do you think this will affect flowering if switched in a few days..?

Am no expert but looks like a mag issue to me.
Sure a bonafide grower with oodles more experience will be along n put me right soon enough.

Do you have a need for calmag?
(I don't as my water is from high mineral source, but most do)
What's your medium and what sort of water???

Holy ambitious project, Batman.
Need more info than "organic soil" yhat could mean anything. And what are you feeding them?
How long since last repot
Is that... grass underfoot?
You're massively locked out. You been mixing bloodmeal in with your dirt? Like, a lot of it? I'm gonna go with overwatering plus toxicity from something in your mysterious "organic" soil being in excess (way overshot the iron and nitrogen content) plus unless you're in a very warm part of the country, those plants better be up off the ground because once you add cold to overwatering, it's all over.

I don't care if you're trying to grow organic or not, you need to run out THIS MORNING and beg borrow or steal a bottle of GH micro cuz good luck buying it right now, and a backpack sprayer to keep this from getting worse while you sort out the cause.
Also no do not flip until you see a pattern of improvement. Stress is herms is seeds is a real downer when you put that much electricity and labor into a crop.
I'm not gonna ask where you live but what usda agricultural zone are you in and what are your current overnight lows outdoors, and have you stuck a temp probe into one of your roots balls and let the chart recorder do it's thing for 24 hours?
You need Foam board on the ground. If its cold. Or shipping pallets.

I completely agree with Jimmynuggs. Looks like Mag Def to me also.

Holy ambitious project, Batman.
Need more info than "organic soil" yhat could mean anything. And what are you feeding them?
How long since last repot
Is that... grass underfoot?
You're massively locked out. You been mixing bloodmeal in with your dirt? Like, a lot of it? I'm gonna go with overwatering plus toxicity from something in your mysterious "organic" soil being in excess (way overshot the iron and nitrogen content) plus unless you're in a very warm part of the country, those plants better be up off the ground because once you add cold to overwatering, it's all over.

I don't care if you're trying to grow organic or not, you need to run out THIS MORNING and beg borrow or steal a bottle of GH micro cuz good luck buying it right now, and a backpack sprayer to keep this from getting worse while you sort out the cause.
Also no do not flip until you see a pattern of improvement. Stress is herms is seeds is a real downer when you put that much electricity and labor into a crop.
I'm not gonna ask where you live but what usda agricultural zone are you in and what are your current overnight lows outdoors, and have you stuck a temp probe into one of your roots balls and let the chart recorder do it's thing for 24 hours?
You need Foam board on the ground. If its cold. Or shipping pallets.

I haven’t fed anything do to thinking it was some sort of lockout or burn.
They moved from 4x4” pots to 5 gallon bags. 3 weeks ago.
All the plants are off the ground and it’s a sloped concrete floor with drains.
In Oklahoma. Night lows right now are like 40*
Are you saying foliar feed to try and fix the issue with gh micro?

I haven’t fed anything do to thinking it was some sort of lockout or burn.
They moved from 4x4” pots to 5 gallon bags. 3 weeks ago.
All the plants are off the ground and it’s a sloped concrete floor with drains.
In Oklahoma. Night lows right now are like 40*
Are you saying foliar feed to try and fix the issue with gh micro?
The foliar won't fix the source of the issue but it will slow down the damage until you can. Think of it like, your roots aren't functioning at 100% for some reason. So you can help get them some food through their leaves for now. Like a patient with massive food poisoning whose body can't retain enough fluids by drinking water so it's necessary to hook up to an IV. Life support for plants.
So it sounds like we've ruled out contact with cold ground. Your air temps seem fine so the root zone shouldn't be too bad.

So let's talk about your soil some more. It's common to see folks packing supplements into the soil to avoid feeding but you can end up with less control over delivery, and if the soil is too "hot " with nutrients, micros are easily locked out as plants preferentially uptake the ones that are most available.

If you don't have gh micro go for about a heaping teaspoon Epsom salts plus a drop of liquid hand soap in a gallon of warm water to mist lightly. That will at least get them some magnesium which is one of the first things to be locked out.

Kinda jealous of your grow space tbqh. I'd set up a lawn chair in there and never leave : )

Yep,,Epsom Salt will help your plants get the Mag they need.
When i see the beginning of whats happening to your plants i immediately grab the Epsom Salt. When im done with the plants i put some in my bathtub and soak because my back is killing me.:D

The foliar won't fix the source of the issue but it will slow down the damage until you can. Think of it like, your roots aren't functioning at 100% for some reason. So you can help get them some food through their leaves for now. Like a patient with massive food poisoning whose body can't retain enough fluids by drinking water so it's necessary to hook up to an IV. Life support for plants.
So it sounds like we've ruled out contact with cold ground. Your air temps seem fine so the root zone shouldn't be too bad.

So let's talk about your soil some more. It's common to see folks packing supplements into the soil to avoid feeding but you can end up with less control over delivery, and if the soil is too "hot " with nutrients, micros are easily locked out as plants preferentially uptake the ones that are most available.

If you don't have gh micro go for about a heaping teaspoon Epsom salts plus a drop of liquid hand soap in a gallon of warm water to mist lightly. That will at least get them some magnesium which is one of the first things to be locked out.

Kinda jealous of your grow space tbqh. I'd set up a lawn chair in there and never leave : )
So I purchased the soil sold as “living soil” it was just a like a basic blend of peat moss, perlite, lava rock, compost, and a few other little things. I’m waiting on the soil tests to come back. Rookie mistake not getting it tested before planting. I personally think the compost wasn’t ready when mixed and that’s the “lockout” we see.
I’ll get them some epsom ASAP and upload today’s pics.
I really appreciate the help!

You could probably flush with some molasses mixed in your water.

Latest posts

Back