Signing for seed upon delivery??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBobMarleyJr

Forever A Blazed Member
Reaction score
If you were not legal but to order seeds and to be in possession of seeds was legal in your country, state, province ect would you sign for your package when it arrived post your opinion??? thanks

I hve never had beans come and need to be signed for. In all honesty though I don't see them wasting the resources on a small delivery of seeds. JMO

i also have never had to sign for seeds, and im in Canada like you, if i did have to sign for them i probably would, and then i wouldnt open them for a week, if no one came knocking during that week i would then open it, if someone did come knocking i would say "here is the package, i didnt open it and i dont know whats in it."

I seen where the single seed centre offers this and its actually more expensive to get it shipped without getting it signed for??? but I just paid the extra 2 dollars to get mine sent without signing

My last order needed signing for. I didnt know it ordering. Just one day got a card in the mailbox saying I wasnt home and to report to the post office.

kk cool ya i ordered from attitude and my seeds didnt show so i contacted then they said they would resend tomrrow and send them with a tracking number and signing i figured that means when they show up i have to sign for them i was gonna anway just wanted some feed back, the seeds wont get to me were i live if i have to sign the name on the package isnt my real name and if i miss the mailman ill have to get from post office were i might have to show id haha
thanks peeps

MrBobMarleyJr said:
kk cool ya i ordered from attitude and my seeds didnt show so i contacted then they said they would resend tomrrow and send them with a tracking number and signing i figured that means when they show up i have to sign for them i was gonna anway just wanted some feed back, the seeds wont get to me were i live if i have to sign the name on the package isnt my real name and if i miss the mailman ill have to get from post office were i might have to show id haha
thanks peeps

Are you saying you ordered seeds under a false name? If so, that could have been the reason that you did not receive your first seeds. That is more likely to raise eyebrows than if you order to your home with your real name. I have had to sign for seeds several times over the years with no problems.

Yeah THG is right.....if you used a fake name that is most likely the reason you didn't get your order. If attitude says they are sending them requiring a signature then sign for them when they come. Ordering beans is the safest part of the whole growing thing.

kk cool thanks.... next time around ill take everyones advice

i had the understanding that even if the name was off but the address and postal code were there it would still be delivered?

MrBobMarleyJr said:
i had the understanding that even if the name was off but the address and postal code were there it would still be delivered?

Not unless you put " care of" and then your name....I don't work for the USPS but for us at UPS if we know the names don't match up we ring the bell and ask. If no answer it doesn't get delivered. People try all kinds of scams and fraud is always a concern.

Ordering beans off a legit seed bank is not risky IMO....worst case you beans get taken and you get a contraband letter, and I hve not even heard of a first hand account of that happening.

Mine go to a box at "PostNet" and they sign for them.

Latest posts

Back