Silver in the reservoir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr

Reaction score
As title, how would this effect the neuts and plants.
Good to see the forum still thriving ;) but ive been awol a few years :eek: .
I'm currently helping a friend setting up his room and I have mostly delt with soil and he is doing an iws setup and through building computer water loops, with silver in the loop to stop bacteria and algae build up and thought of the idea of putting silver in the res but how would it effect the plants and neutrients ?

Not sure of the effects of having silver in the rez. Just the fact that it is a heavy metal and that it would disolve into the solution over time, I don't think I would do that. What is IWS? :) welcome back :)

I've ran Colloidal Silver in a single DWC unit as an experiment on slime.When the slime wouldn't grow I used her for seeds and then trashed her. 35ml of 150ppm every top off from start to finish and believe me I put her through hell. Have yet to pop any of her seeds.
As Hushpuppy mentioned. HEAVY METAL POISONING ?

I reckon I couldnt comment on this here with any sort of intelegents but reckon any silver I had settin around either be in my teeth or off to the bank the way surviving this economy of ours. Yual see how much a pound of sugar goin fur these days ;) Wish ya luck no matter what yual do friend

BWD

I use silver sulfadiazine, does wonders for me wounds it does :stoned::bolt: keeps the wound clean and is antibacterial.

7greeneyes said:
I use silver sulfadiazine, does wonders for me wounds it does :stoned::bolt: keeps the wound clean and is antibacterial.

True friend and advise right there pilgrim ;) Green got yur back friend!

BWD

I would recommend H2O2 for your res. However, if you keep your temps in check and light out of the res, bacteria and algae should not be a problem. I never use anything in my res and do not have bacteria and res problems.

Latest posts

Back