Simply Can't Get Coco to Work!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit late with this response but try digging/loosening the topsoil/cocoa peet every day..just take a screw driver and dig/loosen the top soil after you water it every day...see if this helps. I didn't use coca peet in about 2 years, but I do remember it needing to be dug up/loosened fairly often to keep growth rates up..iirc when i didn't dig it up for some days, growth would slow.

any medium you use, it is imperative that the rootzone allow to dry and take a breath, its good to let it get to the point it looks like a cork. and also you have to feed them heavy as a lot gets locked up, so im told. I personally only use pure hydro. but if i was going to use soil/soiless i would be letting it cork

With the coco you don't have to feed heavy, you just have to precharge it with a calmag additive and then feed normally with a smaller amount of calmag throughout until about halfway through flower then cut off calmag. That is what I do anyway. I have been using GH's Coco-Tek coco coir and I have never had to wash it. I get a few pebbles on occasion but beyond that I have no trouble with it.

I use large kernel pearlite at about 25-30% mixed in with my coco to keep it aerating well between waterings. The pearlite keeps the coco from compacting.

Latest posts

Back