Since many have asked about my hubby- (wayy OT)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More set backs...

I guess they were able to remove some blood clots. But now his fever is up again to 103. It was a beautiful 98.4 when we were there earlier.

They are now steppping things up to determine where this damn fluid keeps coming from. He is offf to yet another frickin cat scan.

:(

I sure hope all those tests reveal the cause of these set backs.
My prayers are still with you and your family and the doctors.

SmokinMom said:
More set backs...

I guess they were able to remove some blood clots. But now his fever is up again to 103. It was a beautiful 98.4 when we were there earlier.

They are now steppping things up to determine where this damn fluid keeps coming from. He is offf to yet another frickin cat scan.

:(

Much respect for you SM from Cowboy,,,My wife was by my side the whole time after I got Shot (hell I died twice on the table the Doc said) and she was there for me. Slept at the hospital,,she did. Woops,,Im starten to sound like Star Wars. Anyway,,I wish you and yours the best.;)

Friday morning update:

He had another bad night. They are about to take him down for surgery and go in and physically remove all the crap in/on his lungs. This is more agressive then the drainage tube he has now. He said after this they will then put in a bigger drainage tube.

Hope we're getting somewhere. His weak body can't handle much more.

Thanks for all the support guys. :)

hoping alls well with your beloved hubby smokinmom

thinking of ya's

pkj

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope all works out for you guys.

PB:)

ahh I missed this thread somehow.. Thinkin of you and your family SM, keep us posted..

yes it is a friday :D make sure you bring hubby lots of hospital soup

Geez Mom,
Just read the thread... I pray that he recovers OK and you keep strong, he's got you to live for so I'm sure he'll pull through just fine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. :heart:

Friday evening update-

He had lung surgery this morning. They went in and scraped all the crap out. The dr called me and said there was a bunch of goop in his lung. Dr also placed a larger tube in the lung and said he'd have moderate drainage the next few days, and pending no more complications may be able to come home early next week.

Hubby is sore, which is to be expected. But he's getting his appetite back, and can't stop eating lemon-flavored italian ices. :)

Also, it has been brought to my attention that it is wrong of me to bring hubbys personal business here to the board. I cannot emphasize how wrong that is. My hubby welcomes all the positive thoughts and prayers he can get, thankyouverymuch. :D It is also quite therapeudic to me to be able to talk about it instead of holding it all in. If you have a problem reading this, then kindly step away from the thread. Thanks.

Keep us informed SmokinMom. Prayer and good vibes to your hubby.

no problem SM ,let it all out and if you need support all you have to do is post,keep yer chin up babe

We have progress!!!

The lung drainage is finally slowing down. They may try and remove the chest tube today. If the lung doesn't fill with anymore fluid once the tube is removed then he can come home tomorrow or Tuesday. I am so happy that things may finally be turning around. :)

Thanks everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers.

Excellent news , it looks like those prayers work,lol,glad that there is progress, all will work out well for sure SM,Really that is really GOODD news

Well I just spoke with him again. And now it's looking more like Weds or Thurs that he'll be parolled from the hosp. They will want to observe him several days once the tube gets removed...and so far its still in. They don't want to release him only for him to deteriorate at home. That's fine by me. Its obvious by talking to him that he is on the mend. :D

And on a side note, I have a housekeeper coming tomorrow. :D Never had one before. Woohoo!!

Glad to hear things are starting to look better Mom...enjoy that bed to yourself while you can ;)

Latest posts

Back