Since many have asked about my hubby- (wayy OT)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

I thought I'd fill everyone in...he's been very sick.

Friday night he started having excruicating pain in his right lower back. He and I thought for sure it was kidney stones since it was in that area, but he's never had any before. He was uncomfy all night, moaning and groaning in pain. Saturday morning we went to the Dr 1st thing in the morning. After the exam, dr determined there was fluid in his right lung, but also thought perhaps his appendix was rupturing, and so off to the emergency room we go....the ride there felt sooo long. He was very uncomfy and I wondered if I was going to lose him.

Once in the ER they do all sorts of tests- xrays, cat scans, blood tests, breathing treatments, oxygen...there is no appendix or kidney stone issues so we get the diagnosis of pneumonia. He gets admitted to a room upstairs.

Sunday morning they run more tests. They determine his gallbladder is enlarged and think that once it is removed his breathing will get better. The gallbladder sits under that right lung. Sunday was scary. He looked soo pale and weak. He could barely move, couldnt eat, wasn't hungry. He could barely breathe even with the treatments and being hooked up to oxygen. Surgery is scheduled for 1st thing tomorrow (Monday) morning.

Monday- the gallbladder comes out and he immediately feels relief. He is able to come off oxygen and breathe room air. But now he is throwing up anything he takes in. Has a little of his color back as well. If things continue to improve he can come home on Weds. Strange tho- the gallbladder appeared to look ok after it was removed, just a little enlarged. :rolleyes:

Tuesday- lots of set backs. Back on oxygen, still throwing up. His lung is now full of fluid and gets drained. They took 1 liter from his left lung...said it was sitting between his lung and chest cavity. They can't figure out where the fluid is coming from. And since pneumonia is fluid inside the lung then perhaps thats not what he has...lab tests to determine whats up with the fluid. His fever is quite high and its evident theres an infection somewhere...but where? He is grumpy, tired of feeling bad. We all just want answers. No way will he get out on Weds.

Weds, today- he just called and said he is even worse today. Still throwing up, still on oxygen, still fever. He has more fluid today and they are quite sure it is indeed inside the lung this time. The dr removed 300mg. He is about to have a drainage tube inserted into the lung.

Thats all I know for now. I havent been up to the hospital or spoken with the drs yet today.

If youre the religious type- please pray for my hubby. If not the religious type, lots of positive thoughts and well wishes work just as good. :D It has been quite stressful not getting any definate answers on whats going on.

Its real hard watching a loved one deteriorate like this, especially when I went thru this with my dad a year ago, and that outcome wasn't good....

So anyways, there you have it. :p

Shoot Mom, thats heartbreaking to hear. I will be sending all the good energy I can muster up over his way for a good long while! I wish you guys the best.

Hang in there--I know it is hard waiting without knowing what is going on. My thoughts are with you Mom.

Im praying for you Mom..May he come home to you very soon

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope no matter how long y'all have been together, he gets better so y'all can have twice as long.

Mom, you and your husband are in my prayers as strongly as if you were my flesh-and-blood mom. When i'm not in my grow room, I attempt and sometimes achieve deep conversation with the Benevolent Creator

Sorry to hear about your hubby, think positive, im sure it will all be alright.

Thanks everyone for the awesome support, it means tons. :)

I've been pretty low, but something strange happened last night, and I am in a much better place now. He's where he needs to be. ;)

Now I realize how much he truely does around here. Been a little hard picking up the extra load. I dangled a higher allowence in front of my older kids, so now they've stepped up too. :D

We're gonna be ok.....just gonna take a little time.

XXOO.

speachless....
good thots at you and yours,
and prayers.
be strong.

hi mom..:) .i will be definatly thinking about you and your family.:heart:
just a thought, i had my gallbladder out 3 years ago. due to similar symptoms like your hubbys..i had some fluid build up in my lungs due to a serious infection..before and after the gallbladder came out. also i had the horrible vomiting..it was bright yellow. this was cause by my liver not bein able to nuetralize the bile. cause the gallbladder thickens and slowly releases the bile throughout the day and night. without the bladder it becomes a lot thinner and its released too quickly. specially not long after food, and also is very acidic. all in all can make you vomit, have very bad pains in belly and have severe acid reflux. which blistered my insides. on top of this i also had problems breathing too..nothing seemed to improve. it took weeks. they tried all sorts of drugs to help. which they did in the end . i have to take strong acid reflux tablets for the rest of my life. i realised i probally should of put all of this in a private message. but it takes me that long to type ide be there till tommorow. i just wanted you too read my story so it might give you hope. a light at the end of the tunnel . if you need any more info of me just ask.
hope he gets better real soon.:)

allmashedup said:
hi mom..:) .i will be definatly thinking about you and your family.:heart:
just a thought, i had my gallbladder out 3 years ago. due to similar symptoms like your hubbys..i had some fluid build up in my lungs due to a serious infection..before and after the gallbladder came out. also i had the horrible vomiting..it was bright yellow. this was cause by my liver not bein able to nuetralize the bile. cause the gallbladder thickens and slowly releases the bile throughout the day and night. without the bladder it becomes a lot thinner and its released too quickly. specially not long after food, and also is very acidic. all in all can make you vomit, have very bad pains in belly and have severe acid reflux. which blistered my insides. on top of this i also had problems breathing too..nothing seemed to improve. it took weeks. they tried all sorts of drugs to help. which they did in the end . i have to take strong acid reflux tablets for the rest of my life. i realised i probally should of put all of this in a private message. but it takes me that long to type ide be there till tommorow. i just wanted you too read my story so it might give you hope. a light at the end of the tunnel . if you need any more info of me just ask.
hope he gets better real soon.:)

WOW, how long were you in the hospital? Thanks for sharing this with me. I hope he doesnt get the acid reflux issue- we love spicy mexican food just too much. :p

Latest posts

Back