Single bagseed under CFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddy d

Reaction score
Ok, so some of you guys helped me out trying to get some seeds to germ with rapid rooter plugs, turned out only one sprouted but it worked better than wet paper towel. so here we go.

The baby is under six 6500k 25w cfl for a total of 9,600 lumens as close as i can get it without going over mid 80's.

day5

day7

setup

1.jpg

day7.jpg

lights.jpg

Yo Ho teddy d,

I see what you have set up, but may I take the liberty to possibly suggest that maybe placing baby into a three gallon container from the get go might work well for you. The lights will work temporarily for now, but your gonna want to improve the amount of Lumens pretty quick I'm thinking.

Perhaps you might consider a blend of soil that your baby will go nuts over also. Remember to have plenty of drainage for her, as well as not too much wind from that great big fan you got.

There is a rule of thumb in growing anything.

Put time and care
into the grow,
and in the end,
it's flowers will show.

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

thanks for the comment.

your right i wish i did use a 3 gallon pot to start! i figgured i would start it a clear 2ltr bottle so i could see when the roots reached the edge of the container, well it only took 4 days lol. so that was not what i thought was going to happen.

on day 5 i wraped black paper around the bottle as to not expose the roots to light

now i guess i need to let it grow for a while because the soil is too loose to try to transplant all the roots will be disrupted.

A fellow CFL user! Let it do it's thing and water it.

its day 12 and its doing alright I suppose. its too warm so the new leaves are curling down away from the heat and the saw tooths on the leaves are slightily curling up also from the heat.

_MG_0548.JPG

A fan, keep it watered, and maybe a better thermometer. She looks just fine, a little hot but just fine.

not really at this point. this plant is going to be grown in my closet the door is broken and removed and i have a dark cloth over the door. the problem is i can leave it open during the day, im so sensitive to the smallest amount of light when i sleep i need to keep it closed off. i need to vent through a hose or something discreet...

i have a large fan moving air around inside the closet just enough to jiggle the plant every now and then, but the whole closet remains at 86F

teddy d said:
not really at this point. this plant is going to be grown in my closet the door is broken and removed and i have a dark cloth over the door. the problem is i can leave it open during the day, im so sensitive to the smallest amount of light when i sleep i need to keep it closed off. i need to vent through a hose or something discreet...

i have a large fan moving air around inside the closet just enough to jiggle the plant every now and then, but the whole closet remains at 86F

I would try and get a handle on the heat now. You are going to need a lot more light as it gets bigger and that will create a lot more heat. Your plants also need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on--you need an exhaust fan. When you get to 12/12 you are also going to need to supply a space that is absolutely, totally dark with no light leaks whatsoever during the dark period. I would also recommend germinating a few more seeds. You have a 50% chance that you will have a male, which is worthless for anything but pollen.

How "discreet" do you need to be? You are not going to be able to hide this from others living in the same house...nor should you.

No it needs to be hidden so that if friends and family come over, and they are in my bedroom, they don't see 40,000 lumens beaming out if my closet.

Ha. That's funny. Sounds like your on a budget. Set aside some dough and make a list of what you need and what it costs. Do some research around the forums here. I know you can make it stealth where nobody will know your growing your herb there.

So its day 16 still under 6 cfl about 9,600 lumens. the plant is still pretty small and seems to me, that its growing slow. I'm going to try and get this thing under some HID lighting soon and get a serious air exchange system in order to control the temps and let this thing breathe the way it wants to. also im a few days away from transplanting. when i remove the black paper from the 2lrt bottle i can see a pretty substantial root system and the roots are starting to ball up and looks like pasta balled up at the bottom of the bottle around the drain holes.

This strain seems really droopy but its bagseed from "brick weed" or what we call dirt shank or shwag... ive seen other peoples pics that make me think the droopy leaves are a common trait inherent with this type of strain.

example image from online (looks like same strain)

DSCF4029.JPG

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would also recommend germinating a few more seeds. You have a 50% chance that you will have a male, which is worthless for anything but pollen.
honestly some people may not understand this, but if it turns out to be a male i will still continue growing it and keep it in veg until i feel like chopping it down and starting over, most likely from a clone off my other mother clone grow. I am more interested in the science behind the growing process. the PH, Nutes, Soil, and everything else. i feel like i am more in love with the plant and all its traits rather than smoking weed. marijuana is not my favorite intoxicant.. it actually gives me a lot of anxiety... i do enjoy a smoke somtimes but this is more of a learning experience about how to properly grow from seed and keep a healthy plant growing strong.
a hobby really, it gives me things to learn and apply to my grow and is one more thing to think about, learn about, and care about.... sorry if that makes pot lovers mad, i love the plant, but i think the drug is just "ok". anyway so far i enjoy growing marijuana. its a challenge as a noob to get the conditions dialed in and maintain those growing conditions.

heres some recent photos from today day 16

the white round thing laying on the soil in the first pic is a US $0.10 Dime for size comparison.

_MG_06043rd_set_of_leaves.jpg

_MG_06023rd_set_of_leaves.jpg

_MG_06013rd_set_of_leaves.jpg

this is something I have aswell I had it under 8 cfl sun blasters lights for 30 days and it didn't grow anything but the smallest leaves so I pulled it and the root system was nothing!!! so I replanted it in a smaller pot and its now growing but at about the rate yours is lol makes ya want to pull your hair out

yeh but my plant is in a clear container and i can see a pretty large root system...

hey guys, I just transplanted into a large container. the thing is after putting soil on the bottom and filling soil around the root ball I ended up a little bit short on soil. so i had to use a few handfulls of MG soil.

after one day i noticed a large stretch in the plants growth, and it actually is starting to smell already its only about 3-4 inches tall...

today i noticed some discoloration on the bottom leaves.(the orig single blades)
does this look like nute burn from the MG? or is it just because the plant is 27 days old and those were the orig leaves?

I also just picked up a 70w hps but its not up yet since i have to make a DIY cool tube tonight.

_MG_0705stretch.jpg

_MG_0702stretch.jpg

_MG_0704stretch.jpg

i see bad defi problems there bud...not sure what but i've had 'em do it before.

huh, realy? That would explain the slow growth.

How can i determine what the deficiency is?

well i just started a light nute solution. im gonna cross my fingers that PF is correct in assuming a deficiency.

If you PH your water correctly it would probably take care of your deficiency. Youre probably locking out nutes for your plant

Latest posts

Back