Size Limitations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
If i wanted to veg a plant for a few months before flowering, would my yield be larger because of the larger stems and strength? or is a plant limited yieldage?

Your plants growth is directly related to the size of its root mass. Just like you can have 2 foot tall 60 year old redwoods bonsais, you can have a 6 inch tall MJ plant that is 3 months old if you use a pot that is small enough. If you are gonna veg a plant for a few months, its roots are gonna get huge if they have an area to grow unrestricted, probably much more than you can handle inside. Also remember that when your plant goes nto flowering, it wil increase in size by 2 to 3 times. Really though, there isn't any reason to veg a plant indoors for a few months, it will either:
A. fill up its container with roots and basically stop growing as the root have no more room
B. get way too big for indoors

Larger plants WILL produce more buds, but that doesn't matter if you plants grow into your lights and get burnt up.

How about you tell us the space you are looking to work with and we can give ya a better idea of what to do...

if you used a 200g bucket I would imagine a Jack and the Beanstock scenario...

LOL. There is a natural limit. Like, lettuce can grow in a small pot easily whereas tomatoes need deep pots. I have grown ten foot plants easily in 5 gallon buckets, many times. But outdoors! And 3 gallons is fine for indicas.

curiouscat420 said:
so lets say i use a 200G bucket...
:hubba:

Jesus 200g bucket where do you live the land of the giants??...we call those baths in my country.

Consider going down the hydroponics road root size is less of an issue as you are giving the plant everything it needs.

I grew 20 sativa's in my room for 10wks before flipping. i only ended up with 5 after selection but still, never again. i now have 25 young plants that have grown 12/12 from seed... hah. 6" sativa's on their 5th node. they are cool big but they really become hard to light well. i cant get the 5 plants that i do have all the way under my 1000w hps! about 1/4th of every plant is outside the hood's shadow. so unless you have several lights(im getting an additional 600w) and more than 7x7x7, i wouldn't say you do it longer than 6-8wks. i had topped some of them 3 or 4 times. now that im in flower there is barley enough space around the edge of the pot for string holes to lst! i tied one yesterday and it is big enough now that it is all fanned out it ideally should require its own 400w hood...

:rofl: 200 gallon [US, liquid] = 757.082 356 8 liter

How big did you plan on growing them exactly? :rofl:

Newbud said:
:rofl: 200 gallon [US, liquid] = 757.082 356 8 liter

How big did you plan on growing them exactly? :rofl:

I think the idea was to grow them up into the sky where the giant lives, you know, the one with the hen that lays golden beans.:D

are u doin this so u wont grow more than 1 plant ?

PencilHead said:
I think the idea was to grow them up into the sky where the giant lives, you know, the one with the hen that lays golden beans.:D

Ah get it now, well i suppose the giant would need pretty big plants imagine how much he puts in a spliff:D

I had a daydream like this once. Dig a hole in my crawlspace, fill with good soil, cut a small hole into my crawl space from a spare closet, and train it along trellises on the walls, just to see what a plant is ultimately capable of indoors.

Didn't do it though!

the idea behind saying 200G was to eliminate that as a limitation to the size question... i know about roots, but i am wondering if ONE plant can harvest a kilo if circumstances were right...

:stoned:

:bong2:

Thats more like it.
Yeah big enough pot with the right care and its do-able.
Imagine you be needing lot of light and side lights etc.

id love to go for the biggest pot plant in the world... or biggest bud... it would be worth the trouble... a self dependent greenhouse would be a perfect spot...

hXXp://www.foreverflowering.net/

Big bud would spring to mind but it would be mediocre at best to smoke

Latest posts

Back