Small Looking Buds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hetfield_08

Reaction score
So this plants 4 weeks and a couple days into flower and i figured the buds would be a little bigger buy now. Anything i can do to make them bigger?

DSCN0531 resize.jpg

DSCN0529 resized.jpg

First of all what strain are you growing? Actually strike that, doesn't matter what strain you're growing, your ladies look great for four weeks old. Weed buds pack on a good portion of their mass in the last few weeks of flowering, so unless you have a 6 week strain, you're looking golden.

Without knowing strand you're still anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks away from harvest, and at 4 weeks of flowering you wanna be more concerned with bud sites tham size/mass. And it looks like you've got lotsa places for growth my friend

thats a sative. an from the looks of the plant sative domanet alot. expect a grow time between 10=13 weeks an damn just 4 days in to flower? wow looks like my plant a week in to flower!

Trent45 said:
Without knowing strand you're still anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks away from harvest, and at 4 weeks of flowering you wanna be more concerned with bud sites tham size/mass. And it looks like you've got lotsa places for growth my friend

Is it a good thing that i have alot of budsites? i was wondering about that a couple days ago also.... i was thinking of lollipopping it before i flowered but i never did, i probably should have because i had a week where it did some serious stretching but i got that fairly under control now.

Oh and as for the strain, its just bagseed... i liked what it came from though so i thought i would give it a try.

Yeah, you're fine, you can tell it has stretched a little but if you can keep that under control then you're smilin' :)

actually it's doing well, make sure you're using a good blooming nute as well it's CRUCIAL to fill the bud. but you have about 6-8 more weeks of flowering. that plant may even shoot up another foot by then. It'd incredible what a healthy beautiful plant can do.

Just get a great blooming fertilizer and proper lighting, and i definately for see half a pound easy :) good luck with your grow and keep up the good work ;)

edit: any good at guitar by the way? i see the acoustic in the picture :p

Dewayne

Dewayne said:
actually it's doing well, make sure you're using a good blooming nute as well it's CRUCIAL to fill the bud. but you have about 6-8 more weeks of flowering. that plant may even shoot up another foot by then. It'd incredible what a healthy beautiful plant can do.

Just get a great blooming fertilizer and proper lighting, and i definately for see half a pound easy :) good luck with your grow and keep up the good work ;)

edit: any good at guitar by the way? i see the acoustic in the picture :p

Dewayne

What would be a good fert to use?? i'm using miracle grow bloom booster (15-30-15)with a little bit of mg all purpose(24-8-16), and i do mean a small amount, i have bone meal mixed in with the soil so i think i'm getting all the n i need right now.

Yeah i play a little, nothin too special though lol still workin my way up slowly haha. Do you play at all?

imo i would just use the bloom booster, no need for such a high N intake for flower. the plant looks just fine, no abnormale streach, in flower they all ways strech. heck i could all most see my plants growing in flower. they put on 2 in's aday for a week. but back to the fert's yeah IMO thats way to much N to be giveing a plant in flower. what is in the bloom booster is fine.

Dewayne said:
...and i definately for see half a pound easy...

Don't want to burst your bubble, but don't expect anywhere near 1/2 lb from this girl. I also think you have a ways to go. I think you may be able to expect 3 ozs if she fills out good.

Wiseguy_Chef said:
...an damn just 4 days in to flower? wow looks like my plant a week in to flower!

"So this plants 4 weeks and a couple days into flower"

LOL--this is 4 weeks and several days into flowering (so a month). I'd love to have a plant that looked like this after 4 days of 12/12 hehehe.

get a 'blooming nute' too add too your current feed as stated above,these give a great boost

Thanks everyone for all the help, it's greatly appreciated :)

She's looking really sweet. The waiting is the hardest part of this growing thing, but, trust me, it is well worth it. They will just keep on putting on weight. By the looks of it, you are going to have some mighty fine bud come a month or so...maybe 6 weeks.

The Hemp Goddess said:
She's looking really sweet. The waiting is the hardest part of this growing thing, but, trust me, it is well worth it. They will just keep on putting on weight. By the looks of it, you are going to have some mighty fine bud come a month or so...maybe 6 weeks.

Thanks hemp goddess, is there anything i can feed her to help with anything or does the bloom booster sound good? i would really like to have some fat buds when she's done, i know alot has to do with the strain and as i said before i have no idea where it came from but i'm just looking to maximize my yield. Thanks for any help in advance!

She looks fine right now hetfield. The worst thing for a plant is her own care taker at times. I would only feed her when needed, don't push her, she will do it on her own. The problem with trying to push things and over feed is you can cause a serious salt build up around the roots which will cause her to stop taking ANY FOOD up, which in turn will slow her down a bit. If that happens than you need to leech her out good and wait for all those little hairs on the roots to grow back before she really takes off again. Overall her health looks real good so don't push her too hard. Keep doing what you are doing hetfield, she looks great.

Looks good to me. Seems to be nice and dark green so you can probably lay off the nitrogen. And like mentioned above dont expect anything near a half pound. I dont know how that number came up. And its also definitly indica, not sativa, you can tell by the fat leaves. If it was sativa then it would have more leaves that are long and stringy. You probably have around four more weeks to go and it should have a few more growth spurts. Just keep doing what your doing.

Latest posts

Back