Smokin Moms attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

I received my seeds (Misty and Durban Poison x Skunk) on March 21 and I germ'd them the next day. All 6 popped. :D On Weds March 28 I went to Home Depot to get my supplies, then got the seeds all planted. I put them on a window sill outdoors until I figured out my game plan.

Edited on Sept. 13, 2007. I''ve done some editing of my grow thread. It was 22 pages at one point. I deleted a lot of comments made by me, and from you guys. Hope no one minds that I cleaned it up. :)

Hey SmokinMom sounds like your off to a great start and yes i see me some babies. ;) Mucho GREEN MOJO coming your way for your babies SmokinMom. Good luck on the grow and we will be following along on your adventure into the unknown. :p

GreenMojo.JPG

On Friday March 30th I had the talk with hubby about what I was doing. He doesn't smoke so he really wasn't pleased. He then agreed that I could grow only 2. I picked the best of each one and made a make-shift cabinet under my bathroom sink. I am hoping the girly lotions and feminine hygeine products rub off on my plants and make them both girls. :D

The next day I went to Walmart and purchased a 50 gallon Sterilite bin. The deminsions are about 31 inches across, 17 inches from front to back and about 28 inches tall. I am not a great measurer, but that's the best I could come up with. Those are actually from the inside of the container.

I spray-painted the inside with a white satin paint. Then I hung the lights with some twine. I can easily adjust this as the plants grow. Right now they look so tiny in there! My husband cut a hole for ventilation and we attached a PVC elbow thingy on the outside with duct tape. I stuck a 10 inch fan on the opposite side until I could get the computer fans.

The plants are so tiny! My box kind of glows so I cover it with a heavy drape. Works like a charm, but is this dangerous to the plant? I plan on using black spray paint on the outside this Thurs.

I got the puter fans on Sunday and rigged them up with the twine. Doesn't work well. Hope to drill them in soon. Hubby cuts another hole on the other side for the output fan. Another PVC elbow attached with duct tape.

Not much change on Monday. They have only been in their pots and under lights for 3 days. They are getting close to needing water.

So I checked them today, Tues. WOW, what a difference a day makes! I can really see some growth. 11 days after germination.

I need to begin reading all I can on LST and pinching and topping. As you can see I am limited in space and can't have too tall of plants. I chose Misty because it's not supposed to get real tall. These are about 2 inches so far.

Now remember how I said my hubby would only allow 2 plants? Well, he knows that the others are still out on that window sill. They are mostly in shade sue to northern exposure. Here's a pic of the best of each strain. I don't know what will happen with them, but maybe they will live a little longer with some TLC. I guess if the 2 under the lights both end up being males I can sneak these into my grow box and have better luck. LOL.

You sure have one killer setup for your first grow and things are growing great for you! I would recommend keeping those little ones that are in the sun close by in the case you get 2 males... That is very unlikely, but it does happen. If you need to manage your heat, you could always put a computer fan on the lid of the box extracting the hot air... Just a tip ;)

Hmmm, maybe I'll look into that bush master. I am almost afraid to ask how much that costs. ;)

I got 20 seeds for $20 shipping from the UK. I am cheap like that.

Okay, I just checked on the babies. The durban poisen/skunk looks weird. Look at the differance between the 2 plants. Tho I must say they have grown a lot since I saw them yesterday. I guess they are liking me.

What's up with the leaves on my one plant????

BCBuds- just the regular rectanguler bathroom light fixture things that hold 3 bulbs. Got it at Home Depot.

Here they are today....I can't decide if they look better or worse.

They were super dry again today. I gave them a good dose of water this time. What do you mean by flushing?

Man, I am such a pathetic rookie, I am almost embarrassed.

Oh, and remember those seedlings that I put outside? They are still holding on, although I caught my toddler trying to pull one out yesterday. I will try and keep these alive incase the other 2 end up being males. My dh said I could only concentrate on 2 at a time, but again he doesn't care about the ones outside.

Professor bongwater said:
Nice!! Now look out, they are about to start growing like weeds. They are looking much better now.

You aren't kidding! I just checked them, and the bigger plant pushed the light out of the way!!! I was not expecting that. And look how big the stem is on that one too. I hope it will be a female!

Apr0790333442.jpg

Here's the little one:

Apr0790333441.jpg

And look, they have outgrown the box. Guess I better go get another one just like it to put on top.

Apr0790333443.jpg

And here are the outdoor ones. They like the perlite mix too. I am actually surprised these are still alive. I haven't done much with them.

Apr0790333447.jpg

My plants will be 4 weeks old this Friday. I have also noticed something new today.....ODOR! It smells really good too. Time to stick a few fabric softener sheets in my fan.

Guys, it's really happening. I can't believe it. I am starting to get excited!

It is and it isn't at the same time. I have veged for 4 weeks before and started flowering because I had less than 15" of vertical. The yield on my skunk plants in a SOG was just over an oz. per plant in hydro. If you get that bushmaster and use it properly, stretch will be almost none. I would also recommend topping or giving a FIM job in the near future to control height and get more weight.

DLtoker said:
On my first harvest I didn't have one alternating node and I had great smoke IMO...;)

Putting seedlings in 12/12 lighting will cause them to mature faster. That is all.

Hey DL, does that mean that my little outdoor plants that get sun will flower before the ones in the growbox? That would be sweet! But they sure are small compared to the others.

Well in the northern hemisphere, the light/dark ratio is 14/10.... So, I don't think your babies will start to flower outside at all.

BBD, They were 0n a 24/0 light schedule until put into flower. No alternating nodes. No offense at all man, but I have done it. Both of you, check out this thread. This is to my first grow ever! The vertical growth is so limited and I can't see any alt. nodes... Not like the pics are good enough to pick them up anyways. Also, you can see how bushmaster really made my plants bush out. The lowest branches were almost as high as the main colas were...

Okay here's the latest, just taken. Growth seems a little slower on Big Mama. She is also a little ugly but she's been burned twice from growing into the lights. Misty sure looks pretty and green even if she's a little smaller. She is starting to catch up. Let's see...they are 4 weeks, 4 days old.

Apr07139151233.jpg

Apr07139151234.jpg

Apr07139151235.jpg

Apr07139151236.jpg

Apr07139151237.jpg

Should I top them soon? I will be getting something called Bushmaster in a few days.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5934&page=5

HGB just was talking about something like this... Polyploidy. I really don't think this could be something you have. Maybe though...?

In regards to your multiple shoots. The only logical reason behind this would be the light burning parts of your plant causing other branches to grow fastest. I bet Hick or a mod could dial in on this more. I am just guessing.;)

OH, SM. I just responded here... to help keep all your info in one spot. Hope that's alright!

Okay, just took some new pics. The lower leaves look terrible, but from the middle and up is nice and green and healthy looking. I plucked off a few of the ugly leaves, hope that's okay.

Here's the little misty. She actually is more fragrant then the skunk:

Apr07139151339.jpg

And here's the skunk x:

From above it looks fine:

Apr07139151344.jpg

Here are those yellow leaves I mentioned:

Apr07139151341.jpg

Now could this be the beginnings of alternating nodes? It's not looking as symetrical as it was:

Apr07139151350.jpg

And here's the overhead comparison of the two:

Apr07139151357.jpg

I think my plants are screaming for something, and this rookie has no idea....any suggestions? I did just water with some distilled stuff. They are in week 5 1/2 of veg.

Thanks for looking.

DLtoker said:
Can't make out any sacks... But, you look like you have nute burn for not using nutes? Strange. Can't wait until you use that bushmaster!

I switched soil a few pages back to some premium stuff that does have a little in there. But I haven't added any additional. Should I do a good flush?

Latest posts

Back