Smokin Moms attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys. Skunk has gone to a better place. The happy pot farm in the sky. Here's a pic, it's painful to look at but here goes. Ignore the dirty lens, it needs a good cleaning...

June07619.jpg

I found her like that on Monday morning. The last time I watered was Sat. night so Sunday I thought she'd be okay. :(

So now my attention goes to Thing 1 and Thing 2 outside on the porch. Thing 1 is the tall skinny stretchy one. Thing 2 is the shorter prettier plant.

June07613.jpg

They just started alt. nodes and it's got me excited. I need to decide if I want to stick them in the ground or buy bigger pots. They are quickly running out of space. What would you do? I will say I am not bringing them inside. Outdoor til the end these 2!!!

Thing 1:

June07615.jpg

Thing 2:

June07614.jpg

Anyways, hope that 1st pic wasnt too upsetting for you guys. May she RIP.

:D

DLtoker said:
You aren't going to have bud until October if you leave them outside. You have 4 outside right? If you pull in one, or even two, then you can harvest big time in the fall and have enough puff for the winter and have bud in two months for the rest of summer.

from my info bank i`ve seen numerous questions and answers regarding "bringing outdoor pants-inside". from what my knoledge that i`ve learned has told me, you should "NEVER" bring plants that have began their lives in the outdoors-indoors. this is due primarily to the infestations that can occur, and as we all know, they are absolutely "MURDER!" to get rid of.
and on top of that, they can desecrate your crop in as little as a week.
it`s not always the "usual suspects" i.e "spider-mites or any other infestation...." risky dude, but should be a good grow to follow. good luck man
Shuggy:stoned: :ccc: :stoned: :eek: :eek:

The bugs are back and in full force. I just killed 4. I am on a quest to find out what they are....who knows, maybe they could be beneficial??

LOL Sticky it's ok, and you can keep that mouse-eating cat to yourself thanks very much. Hehe.

Okay, Skunk is recovering in the box indoors right now but it's not looking very promosing. So my project has shifted to Thing 1 and 2.

I noticed they were fast growing out of the gallon milk containers so I bit the bullet and decided to bury them in the dirt. Our dirt is terrible, almost clay-like but I did my best to break it up real well. I found a few earthworms while doing this. I hope they don't eat roots! I put the plants in & filled the holes with a combo of organic miracle grow and some premium potting soil. Then gave each about 1/2 gallon of distilled h20. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope I'll have better luck then I did indoors.

Here's a few pics, please ignore the backyard, someone needs to mow!:

Thing 1 -
June07652.jpg

And Thing 2:

June07650.jpg

I found a few earthworms while doing this. I hope they don't eat roots!
They will actually help the roots:D! Hope you have a lb per plant with all the bad luck you've had. They're beautiful and good luck with the ladies.

DLtoker said:
You have been giving these little to no attention until very recently correct?

Correct. Except for if you count catching the weird little bugs they've had. My dad came today with an insecticide spray he said was better then Seven dust so cross your fingers.

Okay I snapped a few more cuz those were taken in the full sun earlier.

Here's thing 1 looking a little yellow down below:

June07656.jpg

And Thing 2 (That 2nd pic being a better example of color) :

June07660.jpg

June07661.jpg

What can I do to get them a deeper green?

Nitrogen makes them very deep green. Don't shock them with a lot of nutes though. As you are learning, these plants really don't need much attention at all to thrive. Just a little dash here or there of some Alaskan Fish Fert or maybe even some blood meal on top of the soil. Either of these will provide a nice organic source of Nitrogen and other micronutrients. I am proud of you momma!!!

Ok, I haven't updated in a while. What I did to Skunky really hurt my confidence. I ended up keeping those premie 5 week old buds and I do catch a buzz so it didn't end too badly I guess. But oh boy...how much better it could have become. ;)

Now on to the Things.

Thing 1 is almost 3 feet tall. :O It's quite skinny I think. I need to stake her soon. I can't believe how talls it's gotten. Perhaps it likes being in the ground now.

June07875.jpg

June07880.jpg

Thing 2 hasn't really grown much. My guess is its about 2 feet maybe a tad taller. I also think it didn't like the spray pesticides my dad sprayed. This one probably gets more shade then Thing 1.:

June07871.jpg

June07873.jpg

June07887.jpg

I don't notice any insects eating on these plants, so that's good.

I hope soon I'll be able to tell gender.

You are the proud mother of two females! Congratulations! :D They look good mom.

now THAT is a healthy plant SM ;) lets just keep em that way to the end. Outside you might want to think about some training methods to keep em low and out of sight.

Lookin good .. lets keep em that way :)

I circled what I believe to be calyx's and hairs. I could be wrong however.

June07887.jpg

The first one is starting to bunch up already and the second one isn't far behind. You're gonna be sitting on a nice crop in a couple months. :)

Okay I wanted to go get a look at the Things. We have had sooo much rain lately so please pardon my crazy grass. ;)

Thing 2:

Slow growing, compared to the other one.

June07880-1.jpg

Thing 1 is going freaking crazy. She is now about 4 feet tall, and comes up past my chest. Think I can train her to grow into the crape mertyl bush that's about 18 inches away? My backyard fence is only 6 feet tall.

Here's Thing 1.

June07888.jpg

June07883.jpg

June07886.jpg

Smokin i cannot wait to see those plants fatten up and give you some nice beautiful buds...looks like you are doing just what they like...keep it up smokin

Mom jus wait by the end of summer you gon need to get them ladies a bra, buds gon be busting all over the place lol.

Very nice SM. You deserve every bud you get off of those!

Yesterday I tried to see how bendy thing 1s stem was. And it snapped. I fixed it with a purple pipecleaner and some scotch tape. Today everything still looks good, so maybe she'll be ok.

The snap (ouch)

July07007.jpg

And lots of pretty flowers. :)

July07009.jpg

me too, i split a girl almost in half, healed well using some sticky tape.

Latest posts

Back