Smokin Moms attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I am getting confused, which is easy to do..lol. Just for clarification- Misty is the little one in the milk gallon container, and the skunk cross is the larger one in the pink pot.

I will confess that the light has always been a little closer to the skunk plant since it seemed to grow quicker in the beginning. Since the 3 lights are on a fixture it's been hard to make one end higher up and the other lower. i could do it better when skunk was small, but now there's not much room to work with. But I have placed objects under misty to bring her pot closer to the light. Other then that, I've done the same for both. Perhaps if misty was in a larger pot she'd catch up to big sis????????

My temps are beginning to heat up. Misty is next to the 10 inch fan. And as summer approches it will get even warmer. I plan to go to 12/12 lights and start flowering soon. And do the lights during the night when it's a tad cooler. Is that a good idea? My grow box is out in the garage. Too bad there's no room for it inside my climate-controlled house. :(

Hey Ma!!!!
Wow logged on and could not beleive what I'm seeing.....Even your Hubby is helping you grow...GREAT JOB and nuthin but great good green mojo coming from me!!.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one. ;)

Okay, I've decided to begin flowering. Today I used 1 teaspoon of Bushmaster in 1 gallon of distilled water. I gave 2/3 of that gallon to my plants, and I also gave a lame attempt at LST. I realize I should have tried it sooner. I have different colors of pipe cleaners and my poor plant (skunk) looks like it is being tortured. Misty only needed its main stem pulled over and just has 1 pipe cleaner..lol.

Now I have 6 lights instead of the 3. And since I am out of room just about, my hubby mounted the lights on the side. I don't know how effective this will be, but if I turn the plants on occassion maybe it will work alright. But with the lights this way and screwed into the box, it will be easier to get to the plants for watering, or removing for pics, etc.

I did notice I broke a few branches on Skunk. :( I hope it will recover. Luckily it had quite a few to begin with.

These poor plants. I am really torturing them. I hope they are able to make it. I am not expecting a big yield, but for me who can make a 1/2 oz last 9 months or more then I am sure to be happy. At least I hope. ;)

But man is it gonna hurt if these are both males!!! It will be hard for me to respect the no cussing rule here. :D

Sometime this weekend I'll get a light timer for the 12/12. But for the meantime I'll do my best to remember to do it on my own around 8 am and 8 pm.

Light timing question: Do you guys do the dark period at night or during the day? I am growing in the garage and temps are beginning to be an issue. Would it be better for me to do the lights at night when it's a bit cooler? Or during the day? Opinions?

I would say night also if u dont have good air circulating to keep temps down. i bet it get hella hot in there jus thinking about how mine feel at about noon

I haven't updated in a long time because I am embarrassed about what's become of my plants. :( They are so unhappy and I am just torturing them. I really am not worthy of membership in this fine group.

Anyhoo here is what I did that really screwed it all up. All on the same day I went to 12/12 lights, tried LST and used a product called Bushmaster that is supposed to stunt vertical growth. I didn't use full strength, I thought I was going easy on it. Today all plants are 7 weeks old, and have been on the new light schedule for exactly 8 days. I now think the neglected little ones on the back patio look better then the ones I've been tending to. My green thumb definately bites!!

Any advice is much appreciated. Does Skunk need nutes, or is it dying a slow death?

Here's both, inside my box. Misty is the small one on the left, Skunk is the pathetic one on the right.

Apr07139151357-1.jpg

Skunk is looking just awful. What does it need, besides a better owner? LOL

Apr07139151358.jpg

Here's Misty again, see my lame attempt at LST?

Apr07139151360.jpg

NO LAUGHING- here's Skunk with the pipecleaners for LST

Apr07139151365.jpg

Here's a close-up:

Apr07139151366.jpg

And last but not least, my happy, neglected ones out on the patio...

Apr07139151369.jpg

Lol...told you not to give them that stuff! Plants don't need a lot of extra additives to flourish. You should baby them like you did before and get them back to life and don't give them bushmaster EVER again! Take this as a learning experience. If you want shorter plants, get the light closer or add more light. Remember...don't be so quick to add things like bushmaster because as you can def see, nothing positive resulted from it. Man, I hope you nurse those back to health. Good luck.

AHH. Flush, flush, flush!!! The bushmaster can really burn the crap out of your plants if not used correctly. Did you run any nutes with the bushmaster? You flushed your soil before adding bushmaster correct? You can use1/4 strength nutes with that, but anymore will cause this.

That is a fairly strong mix for the Bushmaster too. Next time, use soil with no additives if you plan on using BM. Live and learn. That's what this is all about, eh?

Son of a gun! I noticed what appears to be pre-flowers on my 2 indoor plants tonight. Both look like boys to me. :(

May07671120022205.jpg

May07671120001116.jpg

Should I keep them around for another day or two to be completely sure? Or are they going to just keep growing more balls???

The outdoor male plant was easier to tell. He had tons and tons of those round things, yet these plants just have 2 or 3.

Totally bummed.

Keep them around for a little longer. :p
Check this out :
Samples of pollen show varying amounts of cannabinoids. Resin glands are found inside the anthers, alongside the developing pollen grains, and form two rows on opposite sides of each anther. Pollen grains are smaller than the heads of large resin glands ({see Plate 7}), and range from 21 to 69 micrometers in diameter21. A small amount of resin contaminates the pollen when glands rupture, but most of the THC in pollen samples comes from gland heads that fall with pollen when the flowers are shaken to collect it. One study, using pollen for the sample, found concentrations of up to 0.96 percent THC, more then enough to get you high79
http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/howtogrowmarijuana_guide.php

Sucks that they're male, but they're looking healthy. It won't be hard to keep doing what you're doing until a female shows up. :D

Smokinmom aftering getting some rest lastnight and looked back at the pic, i still think there new growth. This what u do, Get a magnafieing glass and look at the plant on the vary tops that where i 1st noticed signs of a female on my plants. and in the 1st pic, im looking at the top and thats either new leaves or hairs, any way look there if u see white hairs then u good to go, if not let them go for a few more days under 12/12(or did u change your lighting yet) and that should tell u something near the end of the week but it can take longer

Well guess what guys....Misty has become a Mister! UGH! Look what I found tonight. May he rest in peace in my trash can.

May07671120140.jpg

I can say that Skunk looks different. What male parts I thought I saw the other day did end up being new growth. Yet I am still unsure of sex. This poor plant is in bad shape and can really use some TLC. But only if it's a female. ;)

May07671120110.jpg

I tried my best to take some decent up-close shots so y'all can help me. Is it showing sex at all?

May07671120132.jpg

May07671120125.jpg

May07671120133.jpg

And just for kicks I took a pic of the outdoor neglected plants. Since it's dark out right now, they are pretty poor quality. It amazes me that 1 of the outdoor plants showed its sex weeks ago, yet the other 2 are quite a ways away from being able to tell I think.

May07671120150.jpg

So can anyone take a gander about what my sad looking Skunk plant might be?

Thanks for looking.

:D

Looks like you got female company there QoG.. unlucky about the male but that skunk looks very female to me.. also you dont need anything to clone a plant. I mean root hormone is good stuff dont get me wrong, but you can do it without, just cut a 45 degree angle on the stem and place in your grow medium.. should root in a few days.

best of luck!

T-Bone said:
So, how is the durbanXskunk doing anyways? it was looking good and a fem at that too.
~T-Bone

UGH. I've been avoiding posting here and you had to ask, didnt ya. ;)

My Skunk girl has been growing balls as of late. Dang thing turned Hermie on me. I am about to throw in the towel, this is so disappointing. :(

Am I just sooo hot that they all become boys? LOL.

I am still holding out hope that I have ladies outside on the deck. I am amazed that a month ago one of the outdoor plants showed its sex (male of course, grumble..) and the other 2 who have been grown the exact same way and the same age and all, and yet I have no idea of sex just yet....weird!!!

Anyways, thats it in a nut shell...literally. UGH!!! LOLOL

Guys, i don't know what to do with my plant. What I thought was a ball has open and it looks like new leaves are trying to grow from it????

June07061111.jpg

June07049.jpg

June07043.jpg

June07011.jpg

June07018.jpg

June07046.jpg

And the siblings...all 3 are the same age...just the tall skinny ones are out on the patio:

June07037.jpg

you've got major macronutrient problems including Phosphorous.

Without keeping up with the essentials like PH is causing you major problems.
you can't grow cannabis without knowing what it needs to grow or giving it what it needs.

you can't know what the plant needs without knowing the PH and knowing the plants. Future grows and more experience will help you avoid problems like this in the future. You are going to continue to have problems with hermies and the such with no timer.. as an almost 12/12 schedule ISN"T a 12/12 schedule.

Everything you do .. do it right and all the way. Otherwise you can continue to expect results like you are getting.

Okay my hubby said I could take the outdoor plants and place them in my growbox. Is this a good idea or should I leave them outdoors?

:) This is definately progress for me. My hubby used to be totally against anything MJ! ;)

You aren't going to have bud until October if you leave them outside. You have 4 outside right? If you pull in one, or even two, then you can harvest big time in the fall and have enough puff for the winter and have bud in two months for the rest of summer.

Latest posts

Back