So I have a termite inspector coming tomarrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownSouth34

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well, I have a termite inspector coming out to my house tomarrow to do the yearly inspection to keep the termite bond up on my house. Has any other homeowner had to deal with this situation? Does the inspector check EVERY room in the house or just the perimeter and the attic? I have 2 plants that I have just put into flowering and i'm worried. I do have a detached storage house in the backyard that I can lock. The only problem is that it will be cold (35-40's F) in the morning and I will have to put a heater out there the night before to warm the shed up. If the inspector doesn't check everywhere then I can just move them down to the closet in my master bath. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DS

I have these things out in my yard that keep the termites away. I also had to have holes drilled in my basement walls filled with something. He comes once a year to check on things, only inspects the perimeter walls in my basement, which sucks because that is where my grow is. Once a year I have to completely dismantle and move everything for one day. He has never been upstairs or anywhere else in my house for that matter. That's been my experience.

That is good news. I'm on a slab so no basement. My grow is in the corner of the only 2nd floor room in my house. It is not enclosed so if he did go upstair he would instantly see it. Damnit, I hate this. Thanks for the info, anyone else have any experience.

im not in the US so i cannot say but surely heating up the shed for 1 morning has got to be better than getting busted jmo :peace:

Well, just a quick update. The inspector came this morning and was in and out in 10-12 minutes. Just to inform people who might have one of these coming up, he did inspect every ground level room, including all closets and bathrooms. He did not go upstairs or out to my shed. My plants look as if they really hate me right now (all droopy), I hope they recover from their light interrupt. Also, has anyone ever had plants that refuse to show you what sex they are? I vegged mine for 5 weeks, saw some very small preflowers, but they never got any bigger (no white pistils, no balls). They have now been in flower for 4 days and i'm hoping I can force them to show me whats under their skirts. Have a great day all.

DS

Thanks for the info on the termite inspection.
as far as sex. it hasn't even started its stretch. Give it some time...takes over a week sometimes to really show whats up. four days plant isn't sure what to do yet LOL takes a week at least from the time you switched to 12/12 to fully switch into flower mode and start doin its thing IME

For those of you that have plants in early flowering (less than two weeks), it was suggested that I simply put them in boxes and make them light proof and store them away for one 24 hour period. I did just that, with no problem whatsoever. I understand that after the first two weeks of flowering interrupting their schedule will hurt them, though.

Latest posts

Back